LDS stake presidency participates in ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
Three members of a LDS stake presidency from Mesa, Arizona, participated in the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. In addition to raising awareness for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (also known as Lou Gehrig's disease), the members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints extended a challenge to the youths of their congregation.
In the video posted on YouTube, the stake presidency discusses another kind of awareness.
"We also want to issue a second challenge to the youth to think about ALS in terms of 'Always Living Your Standards.' So on behalf of us, the stake presidency, we challenge all the youth in our stake to always live your standards," one of the stake presidency members said.
The video was posted Aug. 24 on the Hermosa Vista Stake YouTube channel.
Email: email@example.com | Twitter: @Sarah_DNews
- Picturing history: West Lebanon, New Hampshire
- Will this key line in Melania Trump's GOP...
- Did the Republican Party just adopt the 'most...
- Cookbook review: 'The Lion House Cookbook'...
- Jerry Earl Johnston: At times the people we...
- GOP platform: Plenty for evangelicals to love
- Adult coloring books get niched: Color me...
- Why many churches can't endorse political...
- Did the Republican Party just adopt the... 48
- Defending the Faith: Two theological... 28
- BYU climbs from No. 15 to No. 5 in this... 25
- Utah man credits God for survival of 4... 24
- Ohio Mormon offered invocation at... 22
- Why many churches can't endorse... 13
- GOP platform: Plenty for evangelicals... 12
- Revealed: What a draft of the... 10