LDS stake presidency participates in ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
Three members of a LDS stake presidency from Mesa, Arizona, participated in the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. In addition to raising awareness for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (also known as Lou Gehrig's disease), the members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints extended a challenge to the youths of their congregation.
In the video posted on YouTube, the stake presidency discusses another kind of awareness.
"We also want to issue a second challenge to the youth to think about ALS in terms of 'Always Living Your Standards.' So on behalf of us, the stake presidency, we challenge all the youth in our stake to always live your standards," one of the stake presidency members said.
The video was posted Aug. 24 on the Hermosa Vista Stake YouTube channel.
Email: email@example.com | Twitter: @Sarah_DNews
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote 'Meet...
- Utah woman writes new verse for LDS Cultural...
- Carrie Underwood shares her Christian faith...
- Thousands gather for LDS Women's Meeting
- Defending the Faith: Thinking clearly about...
- President Uchtdorf: 'Live the gospel joyful'
- LDS general conference marks 90th, 65th...
- 2 LDS teens create video to share Mormon beliefs
- Defending the Faith: Thinking clearly... 92
- New Jersey teen to join fight against... 62
- Republicans rallying behind religious... 32
- FamilySearch provides LDS members with... 17
- LDS Church leaders share excitement for... 13
- 5 things to remember when you think God... 10
- Y. forum speaker focuses defending the... 6
- Here's how you and your spouse can... 3