LDS stake presidency participates in ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
Three members of a LDS stake presidency from Mesa, Arizona, participated in the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. In addition to raising awareness for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (also known as Lou Gehrig's disease), the members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints extended a challenge to the youths of their congregation.
In the video posted on YouTube, the stake presidency discusses another kind of awareness.
"We also want to issue a second challenge to the youth to think about ALS in terms of 'Always Living Your Standards.' So on behalf of us, the stake presidency, we challenge all the youth in our stake to always live your standards," one of the stake presidency members said.
The video was posted Aug. 24 on the Hermosa Vista Stake YouTube channel.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Twitter: @Sarah_DNews
- For his brothers: American Fork family with 4...
- Jabari Parker posts photo of himself with LDS...
- Faith leaders leave Vatican with high hopes...
- LDS Church releases renderings of final Provo...
- 'Attitude of gratitude': 25 quotes from LDS...
- In the Whirled: The good Mormon Democrat
- 'Fire is catching,' so catch up with Katniss
- The Clean Cut: A cappella group's take on...
- At the Vatican, President Eyring says... 85
- America needs heroes, Mitt Romney tells... 55
- In the Whirled: The good Mormon Democrat 50
- Vatican brings faiths, including LDS,... 48
- Pope announces U.S. visit, greets... 34
- Former presidential candidate Mitt... 32
- Faith leaders leave Vatican with high... 32
- Defending the Faith: A note on the... 26