Everyone knows that football produces a lot of injuries, some very serious. So why do people go to football games? How can they stand to see fellow humans get injured?
Fans, you might change your attitude towards football when you realize an amazing fact: you aren't just passive spectators. You buy tickets and the money keeps the football program alive. It pays for the stadium, the uniforms, pads, coaches salaries, plane tickets – everything. Without enough fan support, there would be no football.
It is time to say goodbye to football, and thus put an end tothe pain and suffering.
- Robert J. Samuelson: The Olympic sinkhole
- In our opinion: Finding – not forcing...
- Drew Clark: Will 2016 be the breakout year...
- My view: The supergentrification of Sugar House
- Michael Gerson: The Dalai Lama's path to peace
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: The 'bathroom...
- My view: Patriotic Millionaires urges Hatch...
- Charles Krauthammer: Donald, Hillary and the...
- In our opinion: Finding – not... 81
- Letter: Nothing is 'free' 53
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the... 33
- Those intolerable TSA security lines 22
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, politics... 22
- On Second Thought: A lighthearted look... 19
- Letter: Citizens have a duty 19
- In our opinion: A social media enabled... 18