In the wake of the recent police shootings in Utah and Missouri, the character of our nation comes to light. As was in Los Angeles, Chicago and other cities, the immediate response was to wreck and loot towns in the name of justice. This was done without any formal action. In Salt Lake, placards were used to demand immediate action against the police for brutality. However, it should be noted that recently a sheriff's deputy in Utah County was killed in his patrol car, with no chance for brutality.
Demanding immediate action against police brutality is not the answer to the problem. Police action has been brought about by the liberal, irresponsible and inept society that we have developed. We have abolished morality in favor of civil rights.
- In our opinion: U.S. needs immigration... 68
- Dan Liljenquist: Obamacare was a rude... 61
- Letter: Growing party divide 53
- Michael Gerson: Obama’s executive... 46
- Letter: Acting on immigration 46
- How America feels about Mitt Romney... 40
- In our opinion: When it comes to... 40
- My view: Global warming needs free market 26