In the wake of the recent police shootings in Utah and Missouri, the character of our nation comes to light. As was in Los Angeles, Chicago and other cities, the immediate response was to wreck and loot towns in the name of justice. This was done without any formal action. In Salt Lake, placards were used to demand immediate action against the police for brutality. However, it should be noted that recently a sheriff's deputy in Utah County was killed in his patrol car, with no chance for brutality.
Demanding immediate action against police brutality is not the answer to the problem. Police action has been brought about by the liberal, irresponsible and inept society that we have developed. We have abolished morality in favor of civil rights.
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules...
- Letter: Peanut butter ban?
- Ron Clegg: Primary seat belt law will save lives
- Letter: Pay for your share
- Drew Clark: What President Obama does well:...
- In our opinion: Parents reading to young...
- Letter: Repeating past mistakes
- John Florez: Education is 'app' to change...
- In our opinion: Obama's State of the... 70
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious... 54
- In our opinion: How immigration reform... 43
- 6 important takeaways for families in... 37
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 35
- Letter: Not so lazy 34
- Jay Evensen: Leave free tuition... 31
- Doug Robinson: NFL overtime rules need... 26