In the wake of the recent police shootings in Utah and Missouri, the character of our nation comes to light. As was in Los Angeles, Chicago and other cities, the immediate response was to wreck and loot towns in the name of justice. This was done without any formal action. In Salt Lake, placards were used to demand immediate action against the police for brutality. However, it should be noted that recently a sheriff's deputy in Utah County was killed in his patrol car, with no chance for brutality.
Demanding immediate action against police brutality is not the answer to the problem. Police action has been brought about by the liberal, irresponsible and inept society that we have developed. We have abolished morality in favor of civil rights.
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms of...
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment delusion
- My view: hippies, 2 Hell's Angels, one...
- Is it time for our first woman president?
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought: The 1 percent...
- My view: They run toward danger
- Radon, the unrecognized killer
- In our opinion: National security and... 66
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 39
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- Letter: No labels in 2016? 17
- In our opinion: The lesson of... 17
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment... 15
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics... 13