In the wake of the recent police shootings in Utah and Missouri, the character of our nation comes to light. As was in Los Angeles, Chicago and other cities, the immediate response was to wreck and loot towns in the name of justice. This was done without any formal action. In Salt Lake, placards were used to demand immediate action against the police for brutality. However, it should be noted that recently a sheriff's deputy in Utah County was killed in his patrol car, with no chance for brutality.
Demanding immediate action against police brutality is not the answer to the problem. Police action has been brought about by the liberal, irresponsible and inept society that we have developed. We have abolished morality in favor of civil rights.
- Jay Evensen: Utah's election is clear as mud
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter moment:...
- A. Scott Anderson: Sen. Bennett: Selfless...
- Michael Gerson: Conservatives' deal with the...
- Dan Liljenquist: Collective neurosis in...
- In our opinion: Not all economic inequality...
- My view: A de-sexed society is a de-humanized...
- Letter: Luxury homes in mountains
- My view: A de-sexed society is a... 73
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter... 48
- Orrin Hatch: My meeting with Supreme... 45
- In our opinion: Not all economic... 20
- Letter: Trump's delegate count 20
- My view: Character still matters in... 16
- Letter: Luxury homes in mountains 11
- My view: The one thing that could solve... 11