In the wake of the recent police shootings in Utah and Missouri, the character of our nation comes to light. As was in Los Angeles, Chicago and other cities, the immediate response was to wreck and loot towns in the name of justice. This was done without any formal action. In Salt Lake, placards were used to demand immediate action against the police for brutality. However, it should be noted that recently a sheriff's deputy in Utah County was killed in his patrol car, with no chance for brutality.
Demanding immediate action against police brutality is not the answer to the problem. Police action has been brought about by the liberal, irresponsible and inept society that we have developed. We have abolished morality in favor of civil rights.
- In our opinion: Mounting evidence suggests...
- About Utah: A big deal just got bigger
- In our opinion: U.S. Conference of Catholic...
- In our opinion: Trump unmatched as a...
- My view: Have we crippled our kids with a...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Politicos...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Whatever happened to the...
- Letter: Good Samaritan
- In our opinion: Trump unmatched as a... 69
- In our opinion: Mounting evidence... 39
- George F. Will: The low depths of... 27
- Letter: Good Samaritan 22
- In our opinion: U.S. Conference of... 20
- Letter: Inversion concerns 19
- My view: Keystone Pipeline not in... 17
- A. Scott Anderson: Inversions will... 16