Father of 4 Roger Federer gives soon-to-be-dad Novak Djokovic advice before U.S. Open
Darko Vojinovic, ASSOCIATED PRESS
Ranked as the No. 1 tennis player in the world and coming off a win at Wimbledon, Novak Djokovic seems to have everything going for him heading into the 2014 U.S. Open.
But between the two competitions, several personal events took place, as Djokovic married his childhood sweetheart and made preparations to be a new father. With much more on his plate this time around, some have asked Djokovic about his priorities.
"Without a doubt, life changes. You know, priorities change," Djokovic told reporters on Saturday.
"My priorities, my family, my wife, my future kid. You know, tennis is not, definitely not, number one anymore."
Coming into the U.S. Open, five-time U.S. Open champion Roger Federer is ranked No. 2 in the world, but with four children of his own, he's also viewed as the veteran father and family man on court and was asked what advice he would give the father-to-be.
"I have spoken to him a little bit in the past. It's normal I think when you're entering the whole family thing that many people you talk to, all you talk about is babies and how to prepare for it mentally. I think it's a very exciting time. So I think he must be quite excited about what's going to happen soon," Federer told reporters.
"But the good thing, he sees me with four, so with one it should be a piece of cake. Honestly, I wish him the best. I think it's wonderful he chose to create a family, and, you know, have kids with his wife."
Earlier this year, Federer's wife Mirka gave birth to their second set of twins. After their births, Federer was asked if he was happy to be getting back on the tennis court.
"Yeah, that's the least important thing to be honest," Federer told the Telegraph. "We couldn't be happier. It's the best time always for those who have kids. They'll know what I'm talking about."
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Twitter: @Sarah_DNews
- 5 underrated Disney movies
- A father's bucket list: 10 things I want to...
- The top 10 dream colleges in 2015
- Motherhood Matters: When there is nothing...
- Lexi Hansen forgives driver who hit her (+video)
- The Clean Cut: Time-lapse video captures...
- Wyoming ranked third in US in percentage of...
- The Clean Cut: Mitt Romney, Jimmy Fallon...
- 'Maternal feminists' defend motherhood... 54
- What makes marriage hard? These 5... 18
- 5 underrated Disney movies 17
- The Clean Cut: Mitt Romney, Jimmy... 9
- Teens may be even more distracted... 4
- What accounts for the cinematic... 3
- The Clean Cut: BYU students' video... 2
- Teen chefs compete in state cooking... 2