The Utah Grizzlies released their logo on Monday commemorating their 20th season in Utah after playing their first season in Denver 20 years ago in 1994-95.
The 20th season in Utah marks their 18th campaign at Maverik Center, which begins Friday, Oct. 17, at home against the Idaho Steelheads at 7 p.m. In their first 20 seasons, the Grizzlies have had 16 seasons of .500 or better, qualified for the playoffs 16 times and more than 200 former Grizzlies have gone on to play in the NHL. The Grizzlies won the 1995 and 1996 Turner Cup Championships in the IHL.
The 2014-2015 season marks Utah’s 10th season in the ECHL, its second season as the ECHL affiliate of the Anaheim Ducks and its second season with head coach and General Manager Tim Branham at the helm after last year’s 38-24-3-6 finish and third place finish in the Western Conference.
The 2013-2014 campaign matched Utah’s best season on the ice since 1999-2000 and its best season of attendance since the 2003-2004 season, as the team averaged 5,004 fans per game at Maverik Center.
Professional hockey first came to Utah in 1969, and this will be the 45th time in the last 46 seasons that the Wasatch Front has iced the sport professionally. Branham has already announced eight returning players from last year’s team.
Ticket packages for the 2014-2015 season are on sale and start at $29. Call (801) 988-8000 or visit the Utah Grizzlies website for more information.
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 91
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 44
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33