The Utah Grizzlies released their logo on Monday commemorating their 20th season in Utah after playing their first season in Denver 20 years ago in 1994-95.
The 20th season in Utah marks their 18th campaign at Maverik Center, which begins Friday, Oct. 17, at home against the Idaho Steelheads at 7 p.m. In their first 20 seasons, the Grizzlies have had 16 seasons of .500 or better, qualified for the playoffs 16 times and more than 200 former Grizzlies have gone on to play in the NHL. The Grizzlies won the 1995 and 1996 Turner Cup Championships in the IHL.
The 2014-2015 season marks Utah’s 10th season in the ECHL, its second season as the ECHL affiliate of the Anaheim Ducks and its second season with head coach and General Manager Tim Branham at the helm after last year’s 38-24-3-6 finish and third place finish in the Western Conference.
The 2013-2014 campaign matched Utah’s best season on the ice since 1999-2000 and its best season of attendance since the 2003-2004 season, as the team averaged 5,004 fans per game at Maverik Center.
Professional hockey first came to Utah in 1969, and this will be the 45th time in the last 46 seasons that the Wasatch Front has iced the sport professionally. Branham has already announced eight returning players from last year’s team.
Ticket packages for the 2014-2015 season are on sale and start at $29. Call (801) 988-8000 or visit the Utah Grizzlies website for more information.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26