As the excitement of a new college football season begins to build, we might pause to remember that an education is the primary reason for the existence of universities.
Congratulations to BYU, ranked ninth in Money magazine's August issue, which listed "the best colleges for your money." That UC Berkeley, Yale, Notre Dame, UCLA, etc., are among those trailing is an indication of the achievement by BYU.
Go Cougars, on the field as well as in the classroom.
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?
- John Florez: Utah public education is a house...
- In our opinion: How committed are Obama, U.S....
- 19 songs to consider as replacements for the...
- Charles Krauthammer: The jihadi logic
- Catherine Rampell: Have America's public...
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on marriage?
- In our opinion: The Scots have set an example...
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on... 93
- Ralph Hancock: Society cannot... 76
- Letter: Bush dilemma 2.0 37
- George F. Will: Obama needs Congress to... 27
- Richard Davis: Scots — Be brave,... 25
- In our opinion: Accountability,... 25
- Who likes Obama's ISIS plan, and who... 24
- My view: Intergenerational poverty the... 19