As the excitement of a new college football season begins to build, we might pause to remember that an education is the primary reason for the existence of universities.
Congratulations to BYU, ranked ninth in Money magazine's August issue, which listed "the best colleges for your money." That UC Berkeley, Yale, Notre Dame, UCLA, etc., are among those trailing is an indication of the achievement by BYU.
Go Cougars, on the field as well as in the classroom.
- In our opinion: Divided 8-judge Supreme Court...
- John Florez: A father's heartbreaking letter
- Robert J. Samuelson: The Olympic sinkhole
- In our opinion: Finding – not forcing...
- Drew Clark: Will 2016 be the breakout year...
- My view: The supergentrification of Sugar House
- Michael Gerson: The Dalai Lama's path to peace
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: The 'bathroom...
- In our opinion: Finding – not... 79
- In our opinion: Divided 8-judge Supreme... 49
- Letter: Nothing is 'free' 43
- Those intolerable TSA security lines 21
- On Second Thought: A lighthearted look... 19
- My view: Patriotic Millionaires urges... 17
- My view: Biggest reason for physician... 17
- Drew Clark: Will 2016 be the breakout... 16