HEBER CITY — A vehicle that was stolen in Heber City Friday night was recovered Sunday morning, but police are still searching for several weapons and equipment that were taken from an undercover SWAT vehicle four houses away.
Police discovered Saturday morning that two vehicles had been broken into and another had been stolen. An AR-15 rifle, a shotgun, a Glock pistol, body armor, police uniforms, a badge and "numerous other items" were taken from the SWAT vehicle, according to Heber City police spokeswoman Xela Thomas.
The stolen vehicle was found Sunday near 1700 S. Pearl Ave. in Salt Lake City.
Thomas said police are highly concerned with the theft and are asking the public for any information that may lead to the recovery of the equipment.
"It's important that we recover these items, that they get off the street and that they are not used in a crime," Thomas said.
Those with information were asked to contact the Heber City Police Department at 435-654-1411.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's...
- Jim Bennett: One 11-year-old's perspective on...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 50
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 45
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 17
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 9
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Audit of embattled S.L. County... 7