Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
The USS Harder Base-Utah Submarine Veterans honored the 79 crew members of the USS Harder on Sunday, Aug. 24, 2014, during a memorial service at the Utah Veterans Cemetery & Memorial Park in Bluffdale. The submarine was sunk by Japanese forces during World War II. Torpedoman's Mate Third Class Walker Neal Snyder, a sailor onboard, was from Salt Lake City. The USS Harder was one of 52 submarines that were sunk during the war, resulting in an estimated 3,630 casualties.
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away drought
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- We're not in Utah anymore — photos of...
- Teen injured in Memorial Day crash dies
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks judge not...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 42
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 39
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 24
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 23
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17
- Salt Lake City leaders announce... 15