Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
The USS Harder Base-Utah Submarine Veterans honored the 79 crew members of the USS Harder on Sunday, Aug. 24, 2014, during a memorial service at the Utah Veterans Cemetery & Memorial Park in Bluffdale. The submarine was sunk by Japanese forces during World War II. Torpedoman's Mate Third Class Walker Neal Snyder, a sailor onboard, was from Salt Lake City. The USS Harder was one of 52 submarines that were sunk during the war, resulting in an estimated 3,630 casualties.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Ex-social worker to plead guilty to sex with...
- Long-awaited Jeremy Johnson fraud trial kicks...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 37
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 19
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14