Heading into the season, it’s all about the orange of Tennessee for the Aggies. But having a legitimate shot to knock off an SEC team will do that. In early October, USU takes aim at winning at BYU for the first time since 1978, while also hoping to avenge last year’s pounding that cost them Chuckie Keeton. Utah State’s Mountain West schedule brings a couple of must-win games at home against UNLV and San Jose State, but the Aggies’ two biggest challenges will come early (at Colorado State on Oct. 18) and late (at Boise State on Nov. 29). The game in Boise seems destined to determine the Mountain Division title, in which case it’s worth remembering the Aggies are a combined 11-0 in the month of November over the past three seasons.
2014 UTAH STATE SCHEDULE
Aug. 31 at Tennessee (5-7)
Sept. 6 Idaho State (3-9)
Sept. 13 Wake Forest (4-8)
Sept. 20 at Arkansas State (8-5)
Oct. 3 at Brigham Young (8-5)
Oct. 11 Air Force (2-10)
Oct. 18 at Fort Collins (8-6)
Oct. 25 UNLV (7-6)
Nov. 1 at Hawaii (1-11)
Nov. 7 at Wyoming (5-7)
Nov. 15 New Mexico (3-9)
Nov. 21 San Jose State (6-6)
Nov. 29 at Boise State (8-5)
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Utah football notes: Paul makes quite a splash
- The photos from the seats and the sideline...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU football report card: Special teams...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 135
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 84
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 62
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 52
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart... 32