Heading into the season, it’s all about the orange of Tennessee for the Aggies. But having a legitimate shot to knock off an SEC team will do that. In early October, USU takes aim at winning at BYU for the first time since 1978, while also hoping to avenge last year’s pounding that cost them Chuckie Keeton. Utah State’s Mountain West schedule brings a couple of must-win games at home against UNLV and San Jose State, but the Aggies’ two biggest challenges will come early (at Colorado State on Oct. 18) and late (at Boise State on Nov. 29). The game in Boise seems destined to determine the Mountain Division title, in which case it’s worth remembering the Aggies are a combined 11-0 in the month of November over the past three seasons.
2014 UTAH STATE SCHEDULE
Aug. 31 at Tennessee (5-7)
Sept. 6 Idaho State (3-9)
Sept. 13 Wake Forest (4-8)
Sept. 20 at Arkansas State (8-5)
Oct. 3 at Brigham Young (8-5)
Oct. 11 Air Force (2-10)
Oct. 18 at Fort Collins (8-6)
Oct. 25 UNLV (7-6)
Nov. 1 at Hawaii (1-11)
Nov. 7 at Wyoming (5-7)
Nov. 15 New Mexico (3-9)
Nov. 21 San Jose State (6-6)
Nov. 29 at Boise State (8-5)
- Mangum 'humbled' to be BYU's quarterback,...
- Former Ute Delon Wright, former Cougar Jimmer...
- BYU expecting a 'dogfight' in Logan against...
- BYU's Rose adjusts lineup — freshman...
- Morning links: Utah, USU pick up commitments...
- How did they fare? Locals in the NFL roundup...
- Rock On: A bad day gets worse for Whittingham
- Doug Robinson: It's the same old sad story of...
- 13th-ranked Utes go south, drop pivotal... 128
- BYU expecting a 'dogfight' in Logan... 54
- Brad Rock: Utah Utes disappoint but not... 52
- College football: Utes hanging on in... 43
- Utes lost more than just a game on... 38
- Morning links: Beehive State coaches on... 38
- Utes fall to No. 23 in playoff... 37
- Live updates: No. 13 Utah takes on UCLA... 35