Michelle Tessier, Deseret News
Jesabel Perez gets ready to receive a backpack during the annual “Back to School Rally” at The Salvation Army in Salt Lake City, Saturday, Aug. 23, 2014. The Salvation Army distributed 200 backpacks filled with school supplies to the first 200 children who arrived at their 438 S. 900 West location. The event featured a variety of activities, including games, crafts and a raffle for bicycles. Attendees also received free pizza from Little Caesar's and a visit from Utah Grizzlies mascot Grizzbee.
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- Teen injured in Memorial Day crash dies
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks judge not...
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away drought
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- We're not in Utah anymore — photos of...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 42
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 39
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 24
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 23
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17
- Salt Lake City leaders announce... 15