MAGNA — Police arrested two men and a teenage girl in connection with a double stabbing that left a pair of men seriously injured and in the hospital.
Authorities were seeking to apprehend one other man in the late Friday night incident that happened when a Magna confrontation erupted into violence.
Police were called to 3282 S. 7780 West about 11:45 p.m. and discovered that two men had been stabbed. Both were taken to a local hospital. One man, 30, was in critical condition and the other, 28, was in serious condition, said Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal.
The incident began when the two men pulled into the driveway of the residence and observed several people in the front yard. The two asked the people why they were there.
"This led to a verbal argument and then a physical argument that left the two victims stabbed," Hoyal said in a statement. "The suspects fled the area on foot."
After Unified and West Valley police officers searched the area, a police K-9 located some suspects in a backyard about a block away from where the stabbings happened.
Police arrested Jeremy Crowther and Derrek Andrews, both 23, and booked them into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of two counts of aggravated assault. Crowther was also booked on a warrant.
A 16-year-old girl was booked into the Salt Lake Valley Detention Center for investigation of two counts of aggravated assault. Police are still looking for the fourth suspect, 26-year-old Cody Johnson.
Anyone with information about his whereabouts have been asked to call Unified police at 385-468-9820.
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- A river runs dry: Water and the future of...
- Cyclist killed on training run after...
- Photo gallery: Holi festival immerses Utahns...
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more in wake...
- American Fork cyclist killed during training...
- Boy, 3, killed in Lehi scooter accident
- President Obama to make first trip to... 114
- Sen. Harry Reid's retirement recalls... 41
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more... 41
- Obama expected to stay overnight in... 37
- School leaders look for solutions to... 24
- Cyclist killed on training run after... 23
- A river runs dry: Water and the future... 15
- Man who crashed truck into house... 12