MAGNA — Police arrested two men and a teenage girl in connection with a double stabbing that left a pair of men seriously injured and in the hospital.
Authorities were seeking to apprehend one other man in the late Friday night incident that happened when a Magna confrontation erupted into violence.
Police were called to 3282 S. 7780 West about 11:45 p.m. and discovered that two men had been stabbed. Both were taken to a local hospital. One man, 30, was in critical condition and the other, 28, was in serious condition, said Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal.
The incident began when the two men pulled into the driveway of the residence and observed several people in the front yard. The two asked the people why they were there.
"This led to a verbal argument and then a physical argument that left the two victims stabbed," Hoyal said in a statement. "The suspects fled the area on foot."
After Unified and West Valley police officers searched the area, a police K-9 located some suspects in a backyard about a block away from where the stabbings happened.
Police arrested Jeremy Crowther and Derrek Andrews, both 23, and booked them into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of two counts of aggravated assault. Crowther was also booked on a warrant.
A 16-year-old girl was booked into the Salt Lake Valley Detention Center for investigation of two counts of aggravated assault. Police are still looking for the fourth suspect, 26-year-old Cody Johnson.
Anyone with information about his whereabouts have been asked to call Unified police at 385-468-9820.
- Precedents — and exceptions — to...
- Vernal man charged after 2 bizarre burglaries...
- Layton man attempts to duct tape, rape woman,...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- LDS Church leaders continue to emphasize...
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- Chaffetz calls speaker bid a long shot, may...
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be named...
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 54
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 37
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 30
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- State says it will fund Planned... 14
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters... 13
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 13
- Precedents — and exceptions... 12