The Ebola virus is a dangerous virus that could possibly kill many people, but at the same time I also think it isn't doing that well in America. It is getting worse in Africa, but here in the U.S. it is being blown out of proportion.
Some people ask why scientists aren't making a vaccine for this in America; the reason being that the vaccine isn't cost efficient. You have to remember that companies are in it for the money. It costs a lot to make the product, and then it would only be given to maybe a few hundred, so the company will lose money.
This disease is preventable. The way this disease is transmitted is mostly, but not limited to, bodily fluids. Transmitting the virus through the air has not been reported. If you aren't by anyone with it, we should be OK. If you are by someone with it, then you should be using a protective outfit.
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal benefits of...
- My view: Medical marijuana: Google vs. PubMed
- My view: Does going to pot send the wrong...
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- Rely on invisible hand?
- George F. Will: Break the dentists' hold on...
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- In our opinion: National security and... 79
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 58
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 39
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 33
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 32
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal... 31
- Letter: Coal and job creation 24