Scott G Winterton, Deseret News archives
MAGNA — Four people were taken into custody Friday evening after a wanted man barricaded himself inside a house.
About 6:45 p.m., the man was found hiding in the attic of the home at 2778 Cyprus Grove Circle.
About an hour earlier, two other men and a woman exited the home and were taken into custody. Their names were not released Friday.
Police went to the home about 2:30 p.m. to arrest 30-year-old Jeremy Nejera on eight felony and misdemeanor warrants for obstruction of justice, resisting arrest, possession of a controlled substance and weapons violations, according to Unified police detective Ken Hansen.
The man was standing outside with his 6-year-old son and another man when police arrived. The two men ran inside the home, and the boy was in the care of police.
A SWAT team was called to negotiate with Nejera because of his criminal history. He was armed the last time he was arrested, though that wasn't the case Friday, according to Unified police.
A camera was used to locate Nejera in the attic, and he was taken into custody without further incident, Hansen said.
"We made a slow, kind of careful search (of the home)," he said. "Using technology, we can look up in the attic. We found him up there and let him know we knew where he was and asked him to come on out. That's what he did."
Several homes in the area were evacuated as a precaution, but no one was injured.
"You hate to see this kind of response, but it needs to be this way to be safe, and everybody was," Hansen said.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: MorganEJacobsen
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving preparing...
- Man steals woman's boarding pass, checks into...
- Report: Utah home to 'most impressive'...
- Families of 3 missing persons ask for...
- Traditions old and new celebrated as Temple...
- Hikers brave cold and wind instead of Black...
- Citywide remodels home for family of teen...
- New protocol to help domestic violence...
- Ogden woman sues trooper, alleging he... 36
- Feds: Utah companies accused of... 26
- Census: Utah has youngest newlyweds,... 16
- Man fighting for custody of daughter... 16
- Man steals woman's boarding pass,... 13
- Utah GOP, state appear headed to court... 12
- The new Thanksgiving tradition: A quick... 10
- Ex A.G. John Swallow wants FBI, DOJ... 7