Officials to authorize construction on electric transmission line in Beaver County
CEDAR CITY — Officials will hold a signing ceremony next week to authorize construction for a new energy transmission line in Beaver County.
On Aug. 25, the Bureau of Land Management, along with Beaver County and Rocky Mountain Power, will host the signing for the new line. The event will begin at 2 p.m. at the Milford City Office, 26 S. 100 West.
Signing the documents will be Juan Palma, BLM state director, and Richard Walje, president and CEO of Rocky Mountain Power, authorizing construction of the 138,000-volt transmission line.
The single-circuit overhead transmission line, about 25 miles long, will be located between existing substations in Cameron and Milford. The line will increase electric power capacity and enhance service to the Beaver County area.
Currently, residents and businesses rely exclusively on a single 46,000-volt transmission system that lacks the capacity to meet growing demand for electricity in the area. The new line will also provide a backup transmission line in the event of a disruption on the first line.
An environmental assessment analyzing impacts of the transmission line is available at blm.ut.gov.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 41
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 22
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 20
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18