The Clean Cut: Mitt Romney accepts ALS Ice Bucket Challenge and donates money
Former presidential candidate Mitt Romney accepted the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge and posted the video to his Facebook account Friday morning.
Romney was challenged by Hewlett-Packard CEO Meg Whitman, Sen. Rob Portman (R-Ohio) and Creighton Rider, who Romney explained is from Salt Lake City and has ALS, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Romney's former running mate, Rep. Paul Ryan, assisted him in the challenge by dumping the water on Romney.
In the video, Romney explained that he would be participating in the challenge as well as donating money to the fund. He then challenged his wife, Ann Romney, and actor Jason Sudeikis, who imitated Romney on "Saturday Night Live."
Other politicians have joined the challenge, including former President George W. Bush, who then challenged former President Bill Clinton. President Barack Obama was also challenged by Ethel Kennedy. The White House explained the president would not do the challenge, but rather donate money to the ALS Association.
The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge was instigated by Pete Frates, a 29-year-old former Boston College baseball player who was diagnosed with ALS at 27.
The Clean Cut is a daily feature that highlights family friendly videos.
Email: email@example.com | Twitter: @Sarah_DNews
- What 'shared parenting' is and how it can...
- Creators of Love Taza blog encourage...
- Doris Kearns Goodwin: 'Tell and retell...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Parenting around the...
- Five for Families: Football films worth...
- RootsTech 2016 a 25,000-member 'studio audience'
- Figuring out why teens turn to pornography
- The Clean Cut: Chicago Blackhawks surprise...
- Figuring out why teens turn to pornography 13
- As 'Sesame Street' debuts on HBO, some... 2
- What 'shared parenting' is and how it... 2
- Amy Choate-Nielsen: Father's... 1
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Losing weight... 1
- Tangy orange shrimp dish that's quickly... 1
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Parenting... 1
- UTubers: Lindsey Stirling featured in... 0