The Clean Cut: Mitt Romney accepts ALS Ice Bucket Challenge and donates money
Former presidential candidate Mitt Romney accepted the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge and posted the video to his Facebook account Friday morning.
Romney was challenged by Hewlett-Packard CEO Meg Whitman, Sen. Rob Portman (R-Ohio) and Creighton Rider, who Romney explained is from Salt Lake City and has ALS, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Romney's former running mate, Rep. Paul Ryan, assisted him in the challenge by dumping the water on Romney.
In the video, Romney explained that he would be participating in the challenge as well as donating money to the fund. He then challenged his wife, Ann Romney, and actor Jason Sudeikis, who imitated Romney on "Saturday Night Live."
Other politicians have joined the challenge, including former President George W. Bush, who then challenged former President Bill Clinton. President Barack Obama was also challenged by Ethel Kennedy. The White House explained the president would not do the challenge, but rather donate money to the ALS Association.
The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge was instigated by Pete Frates, a 29-year-old former Boston College baseball player who was diagnosed with ALS at 27.
The Clean Cut is a daily feature that highlights family friendly videos.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Twitter: @Sarah_DNews
- 29 of the best Christmas movie quotes
- 'Unbroken' faith: The religious journey of...
- 'American Idol' alum Brooke White creates...
- Christmas 1914: The day even WWI showed humanity
- Over and out: TV flops, exits and endings in...
- The 37 most charitable celebrities
- Bittersweet Christmas: A woman ponders the...
- 4 interactive ways to teach your kids about...
- Chris Hicks: Has Hollywood found new... 16
- 'Unbroken' faith: The religious journey... 7
- What did Utahns search for in 2014?... 6
- School lunch 'blech' factor may go down... 4
- 'Five Armies' brings the Hobbit trilogy... 4
- Why you should think twice before... 3
- Some communities suggest penalizing... 3
- Want a smart kid? Stay away from these... 2