The Clean Cut: Mitt Romney accepts ALS Ice Bucket Challenge and donates money
Former presidential candidate Mitt Romney accepted the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge and posted the video to his Facebook account Friday morning.
Romney was challenged by Hewlett-Packard CEO Meg Whitman, Sen. Rob Portman (R-Ohio) and Creighton Rider, who Romney explained is from Salt Lake City and has ALS, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Romney's former running mate, Rep. Paul Ryan, assisted him in the challenge by dumping the water on Romney.
In the video, Romney explained that he would be participating in the challenge as well as donating money to the fund. He then challenged his wife, Ann Romney, and actor Jason Sudeikis, who imitated Romney on "Saturday Night Live."
Other politicians have joined the challenge, including former President George W. Bush, who then challenged former President Bill Clinton. President Barack Obama was also challenged by Ethel Kennedy. The White House explained the president would not do the challenge, but rather donate money to the ALS Association.
The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge was instigated by Pete Frates, a 29-year-old former Boston College baseball player who was diagnosed with ALS at 27.
The Clean Cut is a daily feature that highlights family friendly videos.
Email: email@example.com | Twitter: @Sarah_DNews
- Power of Moms: The 21-day motherhood challenge
- How one woman unplugged from technology for...
- A simple way to know that you're with the...
- Renovation Solutions: 5 signs it is time to...
- Does an American child really go missing...
- The one joke we make about love may actually...
- The Clean Cut: Lucasfilm responds to...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy immune system
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 47
- Erin Stewart: Are trampolines too... 18
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: A different view... 7
- How one woman unplugged from technology... 6
- Does an American child really go... 3
- The Clean Cut: Lucasfilm responds to... 3
- 1 in 7 Americans has this kind of marriage 2
- The one joke we make about love may... 2