The Clean Cut: Mitt Romney accepts ALS Ice Bucket Challenge and donates money
Former presidential candidate Mitt Romney accepted the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge and posted the video to his Facebook account Friday morning.
Romney was challenged by Hewlett-Packard CEO Meg Whitman, Sen. Rob Portman (R-Ohio) and Creighton Rider, who Romney explained is from Salt Lake City and has ALS, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Romney's former running mate, Rep. Paul Ryan, assisted him in the challenge by dumping the water on Romney.
In the video, Romney explained that he would be participating in the challenge as well as donating money to the fund. He then challenged his wife, Ann Romney, and actor Jason Sudeikis, who imitated Romney on "Saturday Night Live."
Other politicians have joined the challenge, including former President George W. Bush, who then challenged former President Bill Clinton. President Barack Obama was also challenged by Ethel Kennedy. The White House explained the president would not do the challenge, but rather donate money to the ALS Association.
The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge was instigated by Pete Frates, a 29-year-old former Boston College baseball player who was diagnosed with ALS at 27.
The Clean Cut is a daily feature that highlights family friendly videos.
Email: email@example.com | Twitter: @Sarah_DNews
- 31 things you might not know about the Harry...
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an...
- Dear daughter, when did I last wash your hair?
- The Clean Cut: Musician's movie theater...
- Motherhood Matters: 4 ways to help your...
- Mormon thrill ride creator still generating...
- Beating the odds: Trip to the White House...
- From Russia with love: Italian swimmer...
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an... 107
- Wright Words: Younger sister is living... 3
- Beating the odds: Trip to the White... 3
- Erin Stewart: Put down the phone and drive 2
- Dear daughter, when did I last wash... 2
- UTubers: Jenny Oaks Baker and family... 2
- Imagine Dragons treated like home team... 2
- Mormon thrill ride creator still... 2