The Clean Cut: Mitt Romney accepts ALS Ice Bucket Challenge and donates money
Former presidential candidate Mitt Romney accepted the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge and posted the video to his Facebook account Friday morning.
Romney was challenged by Hewlett-Packard CEO Meg Whitman, Sen. Rob Portman (R-Ohio) and Creighton Rider, who Romney explained is from Salt Lake City and has ALS, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Romney's former running mate, Rep. Paul Ryan, assisted him in the challenge by dumping the water on Romney.
In the video, Romney explained that he would be participating in the challenge as well as donating money to the fund. He then challenged his wife, Ann Romney, and actor Jason Sudeikis, who imitated Romney on "Saturday Night Live."
Other politicians have joined the challenge, including former President George W. Bush, who then challenged former President Bill Clinton. President Barack Obama was also challenged by Ethel Kennedy. The White House explained the president would not do the challenge, but rather donate money to the ALS Association.
The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge was instigated by Pete Frates, a 29-year-old former Boston College baseball player who was diagnosed with ALS at 27.
The Clean Cut is a daily feature that highlights family friendly videos.
Email: email@example.com | Twitter: @Sarah_DNews
- Mormon thrill ride creator still generating...
- Dear daughter, when did I last wash your hair?
- Imagine Dragons treated like home team at...
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an...
- UTubers: Jenny Oaks Baker and family perform...
- Wright Words: Younger sister is living...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Passing the torch
- UTubers: Stuart Edge performs a magic trick...
- We're doing youth soccer wrong:... 9
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an... 9
- Amy Donaldson: James Lawrence had to do... 7
- Wright Words: Younger sister is living... 3
- Erin Stewart: Put down the phone and drive 2
- Dear daughter, when did I last wash... 2
- UTubers: Jenny Oaks Baker and family... 2
- Imagine Dragons treated like home team... 2