In a very short period of time, West Jordan residents have been placed on the hook for buyouts and severance packages. Burke Jolley’s Jordan School District "buyout" valued at least a half million dollars. A severance package to the city manager, who resigned, valued around $200,000.
When someone resigns, they are no longer an employee. But in the case of West Jordan City, they will still be paid full salary for "consulting," as well as be permitted to keep city purchased items and receive a car allowance. The citizens of West Jordan should show their displeasure with these antics and vote them out.
- Lois M. Collins: Some think women are...
- Who was the most narcissistic president?
- Classical liberalism offers sole durable...
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Taking a leap of...
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive...
- In our opinion: Are we too pessimistic about...
- My view: 'Single issue' voters should...
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive... 48
- Letter: Bush dilemma 2.0 42
- Lois M. Collins: Some think women are... 36
- In our opinion: Don't 'Army-ize' local... 31
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test? 28
- George F. Will: Obama needs Congress to... 27
- In our opinion: How committed are... 27
- Classical liberalism offers sole... 27