In a very short period of time, West Jordan residents have been placed on the hook for buyouts and severance packages. Burke Jolley’s Jordan School District "buyout" valued at least a half million dollars. A severance package to the city manager, who resigned, valued around $200,000.
When someone resigns, they are no longer an employee. But in the case of West Jordan City, they will still be paid full salary for "consulting," as well as be permitted to keep city purchased items and receive a car allowance. The citizens of West Jordan should show their displeasure with these antics and vote them out.
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation that...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- Anne Loeser: Reverse trends about breast cancer
- In our opinion: Dropouts face high risk of...
- My view: New treatment can cure Hepatitis C
- Letter: The Romneys' new center
- 33 Mark Twain quotes that prove he was an...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 150
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 71
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 39
- Letter: What is ‘common good?’ 31
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 29
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell 28
- Letter: Uninformed candidate 27
- In our opinion: School reformers should... 26