SYRACUSE — Catherine Jeane Hoskins has been appointed to the Syracuse City Justice Court by Mayor Terry Palmer.
Hoskins replaces Judge Joseph M. Bean, who has been appointed to the 2nd District Court.
Hoskins owns and operates a law practice in Layton where she also does mediation. She received law degree from the University of Oregon School of Law, a bachelor's degree in history from the University of Utah, and an associate degree from BYU-Idaho.
Hoskins is the co-chairwoman of the 2nd District Pro Bono Committee, a member of the 2nd District Nominating Committee, a member of the Rex E. Lee Inns of the Court, and a member of the Divorce Procedures Subcommittee. She has also served as the president of the Davis County Bar.
Hoskins’ appointment to the bench is subject to completion of the court’s new judge orientation and certification by the Utah Judicial Council.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Two suffer minor injuries in gyrocopter crash...
- Intermountain Healthcare taps new CEO
- Pure joy: Special needs students vie for the...
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail without a...
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail... 37
- 'Dirty soda' lawsuit calls shop's... 22
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- National conservative group backs... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12