SYRACUSE — Catherine Jeane Hoskins has been appointed to the Syracuse City Justice Court by Mayor Terry Palmer.
Hoskins replaces Judge Joseph M. Bean, who has been appointed to the 2nd District Court.
Hoskins owns and operates a law practice in Layton where she also does mediation. She received law degree from the University of Oregon School of Law, a bachelor's degree in history from the University of Utah, and an associate degree from BYU-Idaho.
Hoskins is the co-chairwoman of the 2nd District Pro Bono Committee, a member of the 2nd District Nominating Committee, a member of the Rex E. Lee Inns of the Court, and a member of the Divorce Procedures Subcommittee. She has also served as the president of the Davis County Bar.
Hoskins’ appointment to the bench is subject to completion of the court’s new judge orientation and certification by the Utah Judicial Council.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- 7 habits of mentally strong people
- Audit: Ex-employee embezzled $67K from Utah...
- Alpine Days set for Aug. 5-13
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 31
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 15
- Can police-community relations be... 14