SYRACUSE — Catherine Jeane Hoskins has been appointed to the Syracuse City Justice Court by Mayor Terry Palmer.
Hoskins replaces Judge Joseph M. Bean, who has been appointed to the 2nd District Court.
Hoskins owns and operates a law practice in Layton where she also does mediation. She received law degree from the University of Oregon School of Law, a bachelor's degree in history from the University of Utah, and an associate degree from BYU-Idaho.
Hoskins is the co-chairwoman of the 2nd District Pro Bono Committee, a member of the 2nd District Nominating Committee, a member of the Rex E. Lee Inns of the Court, and a member of the Divorce Procedures Subcommittee. She has also served as the president of the Davis County Bar.
Hoskins’ appointment to the bench is subject to completion of the court’s new judge orientation and certification by the Utah Judicial Council.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 44
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 42
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 38
- Hal Boyd: Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 32
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Report: States manage public lands for... 23