Jordan Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Robert W. Adler, distinguished professor of law and interim dean of the University of Utah S.J. Quinney College of Law, will fill that role as the next dean, pending approval by the board of trustees.
“Through his leadership, Dean Adler has enhanced the success of the College of Law, and his efforts have earned the trust and respect of the community both on and off campus,” said Ruth Watkins, senior vice president for Academic Affairs. “He will be a tremendous asset to the university leadership team, and I look forward to working with him as we complete the new law school building and meet the challenges facing legal education.”
Adler joined the U. faculty in 1994 and specializes in environmental and water law. He has served as associate dean for academic affairs for the college of law from 2006 to 2009.
Under his leadership, the law school was ranked second in the nation for student clinical opportunities by National Jurist magazine in January.
A graduate of Georgetown University Law, Adler has co-authored two leading casebooks, has published two highly regarded books, 28 law review articles and numerous book chapters, reports and other articles.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 36
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 26