Mayor Becker and the spokesman for the Outdoor Retailers made a joint statement: “We must have an honest discussion about climate change.” Bravo! I am sure they were talking about man-made global warming, but that’s an unpopular term nowadays.
Let’s talk about air pollution, recycling, conserving water and energy, reusable energy and water and everything we can do to protect the environment; all the things we can do to improve life and culture.
Honest reporting would ensure integrity when the Olympic Skating Rink spends $1.4 million on solar panels with a statement that says they are saving $100,000 a year for five years and that it will pay for itself.
Mad-made climate change is somewhat of a ruse that many make a profit from. The consensus of some meteorologists is just that: not proven facts, only prejudiced opinions.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Optimism in politics would be...
- Letter: BSA lacks a compass
- In our opinion: NASA's New Horizons opens up...
- Letter: Erratic protests
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Identifying...
- Drew Clark: Utah prison volunteers provide a...
- Letter: Lagoon animals
- My view: Moving the prison would present...
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 67
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 47
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 46
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 40
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 27
- In our opinion: After change to state... 25
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA... 25
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to... 23