Mayor Becker and the spokesman for the Outdoor Retailers made a joint statement: “We must have an honest discussion about climate change.” Bravo! I am sure they were talking about man-made global warming, but that’s an unpopular term nowadays.
Let’s talk about air pollution, recycling, conserving water and energy, reusable energy and water and everything we can do to protect the environment; all the things we can do to improve life and culture.
Honest reporting would ensure integrity when the Olympic Skating Rink spends $1.4 million on solar panels with a statement that says they are saving $100,000 a year for five years and that it will pay for itself.
Mad-made climate change is somewhat of a ruse that many make a profit from. The consensus of some meteorologists is just that: not proven facts, only prejudiced opinions.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms of...
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment delusion
- My view: They run toward danger
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought: The 1 percent...
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps us strong
- Is it time for our first woman president?
- Medicare Advantage
- In our opinion: National security and... 66
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 43
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- Letter: No labels in 2016? 17
- In our opinion: The lesson of... 17
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment... 16
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics... 13