Lexi Walker sings 'Let It Go' solo with One Voice Children's Choir on 'America's Got Talent'
America's Got Talent YouTube screenshot
Utah's One Voice Children's Choir performed "Let It Go" from Disney's "Frozen" Tuesday night during a live performance on NBC's "America's Got Talent."
The 100 choir members, ranging from ages 7-17, wore white as they sang the melody that brought them YouTube success earlier this year. Lexi Walker, 12, performed a solo in the choir's shortened version of the song.
Although judge Howard Stern enjoyed the choir's original June 22 performance, he was not impressed with their performance Tuesday night. However, judges Mel B and Heidi Klum enjoyed it.
A total of 12 acts performed Tuesday, five of which will be voted through to the next round. The results will be announced Wednesday on NBC at 7 p.m. MST.
Regardless of what Wednesday brings, the choir expressed their appreciation for the opportunity on Twitter. Leading up to the live performance Tuesday, many wished the choir luck, including Gov. Gary Herbert.
Best of luck tonight to Utah's own @1VoiceChildrens Choir - showcased on America's Got Talent (NBC) tonight at 8:00 MST.— Gary R. Herbert (@GovHerbert) August 20, 2014
Update: The One Voice Children's Choir was not selected to move through to the next round Wednesday night. After the results were announced, the choir posted about the experience on Facebook.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Twitter: @Sarah_DNews
- Doris Kearns Goodwin: 'Tell and retell...
- Five for Families: Football films worth...
- What 'shared parenting' is and how it can...
- Creators of Love Taza blog encourage...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Parenting around the...
- RootsTech 2016 a 25,000-member 'studio audience'
- The Clean Cut: Chicago Blackhawks surprise...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Losing weight with the...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Losing weight... 2
- What 'shared parenting' is and how it... 2
- Amy Choate-Nielsen: Father's... 1
- Tangy orange shrimp dish that's quickly... 1
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Parenting... 1
- Doris Kearns Goodwin: 'Tell and retell... 1
- Here's an unexpected way to get... 0
- New York Times article explains how to... 0