BYU football: Cougars agree to home-and-home series with Washington
Marcio Jose Sanchez, ASSOCIATED PRESS
BYU will play at Husky Stadium in Seattle on Sept. 29, 2018. The Huskies will return the favor by playing at LaVell Edwards Stadium on Sept. 21, 2019.
“We’re excited to announce this series with the Huskies,” BYU Director of Athletics Tom Holmoe said in a news release. “Washington has a great football tradition and they fit well with our philosophy of scheduling regional games. It gives our fans in the Pacific Northwest an opportunity to see our football team play live.”
The Huskies defeated the Cougars 31-16 in last year's Fight Hunger Bowl, the first-ever postseason meeting between the two schools. BYU and Washington have split eight previous regular-season matchups. The Cougars defeated the Huskies 23-17 in the 2010 season opener.
With the Washington addition, BYU has scheduled 22 games from 2014 to 2025 against nine different Pac-12 opponents. The Cougars face the Pac-12's California in this year's season finale.
Email: email@example.com; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- From dating advice to awkward returns: 10 of...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- ESPN highlights BYU basketball's roster...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 106
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 52
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 41
- Morning links: Tom Hackett is the Utes'... 33
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27