BYU football: Cougars agree to home-and-home series with Washington
Marcio Jose Sanchez, ASSOCIATED PRESS
BYU will play at Husky Stadium in Seattle on Sept. 29, 2018. The Huskies will return the favor by playing at LaVell Edwards Stadium on Sept. 21, 2019.
“We’re excited to announce this series with the Huskies,” BYU Director of Athletics Tom Holmoe said in a news release. “Washington has a great football tradition and they fit well with our philosophy of scheduling regional games. It gives our fans in the Pacific Northwest an opportunity to see our football team play live.”
The Huskies defeated the Cougars 31-16 in last year's Fight Hunger Bowl, the first-ever postseason meeting between the two schools. BYU and Washington have split eight previous regular-season matchups. The Cougars defeated the Huskies 23-17 in the 2010 season opener.
With the Washington addition, BYU has scheduled 22 games from 2014 to 2025 against nine different Pac-12 opponents. The Cougars face the Pac-12's California in this year's season finale.
Email: email@example.com; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 114
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 36
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 30
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 20