BYU football: Cougars agree to home-and-home series with Washington
Marcio Jose Sanchez, ASSOCIATED PRESS
BYU will play at Husky Stadium in Seattle on Sept. 29, 2018. The Huskies will return the favor by playing at LaVell Edwards Stadium on Sept. 21, 2019.
“We’re excited to announce this series with the Huskies,” BYU Director of Athletics Tom Holmoe said in a news release. “Washington has a great football tradition and they fit well with our philosophy of scheduling regional games. It gives our fans in the Pacific Northwest an opportunity to see our football team play live.”
The Huskies defeated the Cougars 31-16 in last year's Fight Hunger Bowl, the first-ever postseason meeting between the two schools. BYU and Washington have split eight previous regular-season matchups. The Cougars defeated the Huskies 23-17 in the 2010 season opener.
With the Washington addition, BYU has scheduled 22 games from 2014 to 2025 against nine different Pac-12 opponents. The Cougars face the Pac-12's California in this year's season finale.
Email: email@example.com; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Ute recruit Tyler Huntley posting huge...
- Felt's Facts: Breaking down the Utah high...
- Underrated East Carolina will test BYU's defense
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 53
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 40
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 19