SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake City School District has announced its Teacher of the Year award winners.
The 2015 District Teacher of the Year is Moshen Ghaffari, who teaches fifth grade at North Star Elementary School. He has been teaching for 18 years, has a master’s degree in education, is a National Board Certified teacher, and has earned his reading, math, and English as a Second Language endorsements. His method of instruction includes a variety of strategies that cater to the different needs of his students, according to the district.
The 2015 Special Education Teacher of the Year is Jason Tackett, a teacher in the Behavior Support Unit for fourth through sixth grades at Franklin Elementary School. Tackett helps students understand and manage their emotions and behavior, which helps them realize success in the classroom, the district said.
The 2015 Early Childhood Teacher of the Year is Susan Barrett, a pre-K instructor at Backman Elementary School. Barrett includes activities that help the children grow in all areas of development, which helps to fully prepare them for kindergarten.
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- Primary Children's Hospital chaplains laugh,...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 75
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18