SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake City School District has announced its Teacher of the Year award winners.
The 2015 District Teacher of the Year is Moshen Ghaffari, who teaches fifth grade at North Star Elementary School. He has been teaching for 18 years, has a master’s degree in education, is a National Board Certified teacher, and has earned his reading, math, and English as a Second Language endorsements. His method of instruction includes a variety of strategies that cater to the different needs of his students, according to the district.
The 2015 Special Education Teacher of the Year is Jason Tackett, a teacher in the Behavior Support Unit for fourth through sixth grades at Franklin Elementary School. Tackett helps students understand and manage their emotions and behavior, which helps them realize success in the classroom, the district said.
The 2015 Early Childhood Teacher of the Year is Susan Barrett, a pre-K instructor at Backman Elementary School. Barrett includes activities that help the children grow in all areas of development, which helps to fully prepare them for kindergarten.
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- Utahns losing thousands of dollars to phony...
- Eagle Mountain residents told not to use city...
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 78
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 38
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 30
- Granite School District reaches... 20
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18
- Polygamous women dressed as ninjas... 11