Peavler: Final preseason breakdown of BYU, Utah and Utah State's 2014 football schedules
Ravell Call, Deseret News
BYU, Utah and Utah State are coming to the end of their fall camps, so it's time to do the final preseason breakdown of the Aggies', Cougars' and Utes' 2014 football schedules before the season starts.
There's nothing way too early about this breakdown.
It's year four of independence for BYU, and the pressure is on for the Cougars to remain nationally relevent in a shifting college football landscape. They'll need to make the most of opportunites at Texas and at Central Florida to help their cause. Meanwhile, Utah has a brutally difficult Pac-12 slate to worry about this season. The Utes will face five teams ranked in the preseason AP Top 25. Finally, Utah State has a solid chance of winning its first Mountain West Conference title.
Here's the final breakdown of BYU, Utah and Utah State's schedules.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Optimism abounds for the Utah Jazz's future
- Utah gymnastics: Red Rocks finish second to...
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- BYU rugby cruises past Central Washington,...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 26
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches 15
- 3 Utes, 1 Aggie and 1 Cougar selected... 14