Located on River Road in Independence, Missouri, the Mound Grove Cemetery is home to several sites of interest to students of the history of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Seen in the images here are the burial sites of two presidents of the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, now the Community of Christ.
The large vault at the back center is the grave of Joseph Smith III, son of Joseph and Emma Hale Smith. Born in Kirtland, Ohio, in 1832, President Smith led the Reorganized Church from 1860 until his death in 1914.
The headstone in front of Joseph III's is that of his son, Israel Alexander Smith, who led the church from 1946 to 1958. The Community of Christ, which has its headquarters in Independence, has been led by President Stephen M. Veazey since June 2005.
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- LDS Church releases video, topic page...
- An LDS missionary and a Marine: Twin brothers...
- 'Meet the Mormons' box office continues to...
- LDS husband and father is also a firefighter...
- Defending the Faith: When the criticisms of...
- LDS CIO helps LDSTech attendees better...
- Angel Moroni placed atop Indianapolis temple
- Defending the Faith: When the... 139
- Can public officials refuse to perform... 68
- 'Meet the Mormons' box office continues... 46
- LDS CIO helps LDSTech attendees better... 26
- LDS Church releases video, topic page... 22
- Why I stand with the Houston Five 19
- Vatican alters draft report translation... 17
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 16