The Clean Cut: Little League coach delivers inspiring speech after team's loss
Monday night, the Little League team from Rhode Island lost in a neck-and-neck elimination game in the Little League World Series against the Great Lakes team from Illinois.
After taking the game down to the wire and losing in the last inning, coach Dave Belisle gathered his team and delivered a message they'll never forget.
"There’s no disappointment in your effort in the whole tournament and the whole season. It’s been an incredible journey," Belisle said.
"The only reason why I’ll probably end up shedding a tear is because this is the last time I’m going to end up coaching you guys. ... I love you guys. I’m gonna love you forever, and you’ve given me the most precious moment of my athletic and coaching career, and I’ve been coaching a long time — a long time. I’m getting to be an old man. I need memories like this. I need kids like this. You’re all my boys. You’ll be the boys of summer."
The Clean Cut is a daily feature that highlights family friendly videos.
Email: email@example.com | Twitter: @Sarah_DNews
- Supporters for traditional marriage focus on...
- Why babies are expensive, but could save you...
- 25 reasons I know my husband loves me
- 33 things I want my sons to know
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- Why do Elsa's and Anna's parents have to die...
- In music video, boy band tells Provo women...
- Why 'The Cosby Show' still matters 30 years...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 123
- Linda & Richard Eyre: If we lose... 45
- Experts debate whether marriage is... 30
- Liberals teach kids tolerance over... 26
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 20
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- Mom battling cancer determined to live... 7
- 'Duck Dynasty' dad approves of... 6