The Clean Cut: Little League coach delivers inspiring speech after team's loss
Monday night, the Little League team from Rhode Island lost in a neck-and-neck elimination game in the Little League World Series against the Great Lakes team from Illinois.
After taking the game down to the wire and losing in the last inning, coach Dave Belisle gathered his team and delivered a message they'll never forget.
"There’s no disappointment in your effort in the whole tournament and the whole season. It’s been an incredible journey," Belisle said.
"The only reason why I’ll probably end up shedding a tear is because this is the last time I’m going to end up coaching you guys. ... I love you guys. I’m gonna love you forever, and you’ve given me the most precious moment of my athletic and coaching career, and I’ve been coaching a long time — a long time. I’m getting to be an old man. I need memories like this. I need kids like this. You’re all my boys. You’ll be the boys of summer."
The Clean Cut is a daily feature that highlights family friendly videos.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Twitter: @Sarah_DNews
- A father's bucket list: 10 things I want to...
- 5 underrated Disney movies
- Lexi Hansen forgives driver who hit her (+video)
- The top 10 dream colleges in 2015
- The Clean Cut: Time-lapse video captures...
- The Clean Cut: Mitt Romney, Jimmy Fallon...
- What makes marriage hard? These 5 things...
- Motherhood Matters: When there is nothing...
- 'Maternal feminists' defend motherhood... 54
- What makes marriage hard? These 5... 18
- 5 underrated Disney movies 14
- The Clean Cut: Mitt Romney, Jimmy... 9
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Baby boomers,... 6
- Teens may be even more distracted... 4
- What accounts for the cinematic... 3
- The Clean Cut: BYU students' video... 2