The Clean Cut: Little League coach delivers inspiring speech after team's loss
Monday night, the Little League team from Rhode Island lost in a neck-and-neck elimination game in the Little League World Series against the Great Lakes team from Illinois.
After taking the game down to the wire and losing in the last inning, coach Dave Belisle gathered his team and delivered a message they'll never forget.
"There’s no disappointment in your effort in the whole tournament and the whole season. It’s been an incredible journey," Belisle said.
"The only reason why I’ll probably end up shedding a tear is because this is the last time I’m going to end up coaching you guys. ... I love you guys. I’m gonna love you forever, and you’ve given me the most precious moment of my athletic and coaching career, and I’ve been coaching a long time — a long time. I’m getting to be an old man. I need memories like this. I need kids like this. You’re all my boys. You’ll be the boys of summer."
The Clean Cut is a daily feature that highlights family friendly videos.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Twitter: @Sarah_DNews
- BYU conference explores what's next for...
- Condoleezza Rice and Jenny Oaks Baker release...
- Tiffany Gee Lewis: The books that change us
- Time for an assessment of the year in movies...
- We're doing youth soccer wrong: Stop yelling...
- 4 ways to guarantee your kids will have a...
- The Clean Cut: USA women's soccer hat-trick...
- It just became easier to be a mother in the Navy
- Condoleezza Rice and Jenny Oaks Baker... 12
- Does Shakespeare still have a place in... 10
- BYU conference explores what's next for... 10
- UTubers: Vocal Point director, mom... 4
- Where are all the good Fourth of July... 4
- Time for an assessment of the year in... 4
- We're doing youth soccer wrong: Stop... 3
- UTubers: Lexi Walker sings 'America the... 2