The Clean Cut: Little League coach delivers inspiring speech after team's loss
Monday night, the Little League team from Rhode Island lost in a neck-and-neck elimination game in the Little League World Series against the Great Lakes team from Illinois.
After taking the game down to the wire and losing in the last inning, coach Dave Belisle gathered his team and delivered a message they'll never forget.
"There’s no disappointment in your effort in the whole tournament and the whole season. It’s been an incredible journey," Belisle said.
"The only reason why I’ll probably end up shedding a tear is because this is the last time I’m going to end up coaching you guys. ... I love you guys. I’m gonna love you forever, and you’ve given me the most precious moment of my athletic and coaching career, and I’ve been coaching a long time — a long time. I’m getting to be an old man. I need memories like this. I need kids like this. You’re all my boys. You’ll be the boys of summer."
The Clean Cut is a daily feature that highlights family friendly videos.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Twitter: @Sarah_DNews
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- Faith and family are driving forces for LDS...
- The dark side of how society treats boys
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- 9 Mormon moments in Sundance Film Festival...
- Dear Dad, you’re doing it all wrong (a...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Why you don't want your...
- 7 unique adventure dates for two, on the cheap
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25
- Southern California conference... 16
- Pornography addiction: another reason... 11
- Faith and family are driving forces for... 9
- The dark side of how society treats boys 9
- The U.S. could do much more for abused... 7
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Yes, women and... 3
- From the Homefront: The good game:... 2