The Clean Cut: Little League coach delivers inspiring speech after team's loss
Monday night, the Little League team from Rhode Island lost in a neck-and-neck elimination game in the Little League World Series against the Great Lakes team from Illinois.
After taking the game down to the wire and losing in the last inning, coach Dave Belisle gathered his team and delivered a message they'll never forget.
"There’s no disappointment in your effort in the whole tournament and the whole season. It’s been an incredible journey," Belisle said.
"The only reason why I’ll probably end up shedding a tear is because this is the last time I’m going to end up coaching you guys. ... I love you guys. I’m gonna love you forever, and you’ve given me the most precious moment of my athletic and coaching career, and I’ve been coaching a long time — a long time. I’m getting to be an old man. I need memories like this. I need kids like this. You’re all my boys. You’ll be the boys of summer."
The Clean Cut is a daily feature that highlights family friendly videos.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Twitter: @Sarah_DNews
- Health care system can make dying difficult...
- An 'unlikely father of five': Comedian Jim...
- Clean Cut: '20 things we should say more often'
- Disney's 'Frozen' bridges generation gap for...
- Interracial marriages on the rise, but social...
- 20 things I will not regret doing with my kids
- Growing up in a big family may boost the...
- 7 young musicians to perform with Utah...
- TV is reshaping what it means to be a... 10
- Interracial marriages on the rise, but... 6
- Health care system can make dying... 5
- Walkable communities can help old and... 2
- The challenge of using media to tell... 2
- 'Frozen' Disney World ride plans upset... 2
- How to talk to kids about terrorism 1
- An unusually high number of PG-rated... 1