Utah camp report: Dominique Hatfield has a strong performance in the wet weather
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
AUG. 19: The Utes practiced in the rain Tuesday morning at Rice-Eccles Stadium. Head coach Kyle Whittingham said they handled the weather fine and that things were good, particularly the tempo of the offense.
Standout performers: Whittingham noted that Dominique Hatfield at cornerback was very positive. “He had some good work there,” said Whittingham, who added that Tevin Carter looked good at safety. Wide receivers Dres Anderson and Kenneth Scott also received mention for performing every day.
Quotable: “It’s constant competition. The depth chart is never set, per se. It is what it is going into the first game, but you’ve got to produce on a daily basis and particularly in the games each week. Even though it’s in a pecking order right now, that is a fluid depth chart and there’s still opportunity for guys that are down the depth chart to work their way up and if you’re at the top you better continue to play well to hang on to your job.” — Kyle Whittingham
Injuries: None reported.
Next up: The Utes have a double day scheduled for Wednesday. The media, however, may only observe a portion of the morning session.
This glance accompanies related stories and is not a comprehensive practice report.
- Newcomers enjoy BYU hoops debut in Cougar Tipoff
- Peavler: Is Bronco Mendenhall the Steve...
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Former BYU pitcher Jeremy Guthrie's little...
- BYU football: Five questions with a Middle...
- Middle Tennessee excited about home game...
- Royals Pitcher Jeremy Guthrie expresses...
- Utes to take on Sun Devils and a 10-game...
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 79
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 58
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 56
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the... 34
- BYU men, women both picked to finish... 32
- Utah State leads local schools in newly... 29