Utah camp report: Dominique Hatfield has a strong performance in the wet weather
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
AUG. 19: The Utes practiced in the rain Tuesday morning at Rice-Eccles Stadium. Head coach Kyle Whittingham said they handled the weather fine and that things were good, particularly the tempo of the offense.
Standout performers: Whittingham noted that Dominique Hatfield at cornerback was very positive. “He had some good work there,” said Whittingham, who added that Tevin Carter looked good at safety. Wide receivers Dres Anderson and Kenneth Scott also received mention for performing every day.
Quotable: “It’s constant competition. The depth chart is never set, per se. It is what it is going into the first game, but you’ve got to produce on a daily basis and particularly in the games each week. Even though it’s in a pecking order right now, that is a fluid depth chart and there’s still opportunity for guys that are down the depth chart to work their way up and if you’re at the top you better continue to play well to hang on to your job.” — Kyle Whittingham
Injuries: None reported.
Next up: The Utes have a double day scheduled for Wednesday. The media, however, may only observe a portion of the morning session.
This glance accompanies related stories and is not a comprehensive practice report.
- Morning links: Former BYU player Paul Lasike...
- BYU football: Fred Warner, other...
- Dick Harmon: As camps open, Utes, Cougs and...
- Utes football fan raising money to put 'Utah'...
- Back from injury, BYU QB Taysom Hill wants...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's future...
- Rock On: Utes have the real Diel
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 35
- Whittingham says Hatfield is still... 30
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's... 27
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 24
- Pac-12 media day: Utah Kyle Whittingham... 17
- Morning links: BYU letting fans... 16
- Dick Harmon: As camps open, Utes, Cougs... 16
- BYU football: Fred Warner, other... 15