Utah camp report: Dominique Hatfield has a strong performance in the wet weather
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
AUG. 19: The Utes practiced in the rain Tuesday morning at Rice-Eccles Stadium. Head coach Kyle Whittingham said they handled the weather fine and that things were good, particularly the tempo of the offense.
Standout performers: Whittingham noted that Dominique Hatfield at cornerback was very positive. “He had some good work there,” said Whittingham, who added that Tevin Carter looked good at safety. Wide receivers Dres Anderson and Kenneth Scott also received mention for performing every day.
Quotable: “It’s constant competition. The depth chart is never set, per se. It is what it is going into the first game, but you’ve got to produce on a daily basis and particularly in the games each week. Even though it’s in a pecking order right now, that is a fluid depth chart and there’s still opportunity for guys that are down the depth chart to work their way up and if you’re at the top you better continue to play well to hang on to your job.” — Kyle Whittingham
Injuries: None reported.
Next up: The Utes have a double day scheduled for Wednesday. The media, however, may only observe a portion of the morning session.
This glance accompanies related stories and is not a comprehensive practice report.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 79
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35