Former Weber State offensive lineman Pat McQuistan signs with Atlanta Falcons
Matt York, ASSOCIATED PRESS
Former Weber State offensive lineman Pat McQuistan signed with the Atlanta Falcons on Monday, rejoining his twin brother Paul in the NFL.
The Falcons also placed tackle Sam Baker on injured reserve, opening a roster spot for Pat McQuistan. Baker injured his right knee during Atlanta’s preseason game against the Houston Texans on Saturday.
McQuistan joins his seventh NFL team in Atlanta. He was a seventh-round draft pick by Dallas in 2006, and has also spent time with Miami, Tennessee, New Orleans, Arizona and Jacksonville.
The 6-foot-6, 317-pound tackle has played in 72 career NFL games, with 11 starts. He last played during the regular season for the Cardinals in 2012.
McQuistan’s brother Paul joined the Cleveland Browns this season after spending 2011-13 with the Seattle Seahawks.
Email: email@example.com; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head coach...
- BYU's Tyler Haws' recovery from an ankle...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Jordan's Austin Kafentzis will keep his...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 170
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 108
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 51
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 43