Former Weber State offensive lineman Pat McQuistan signs with Atlanta Falcons
Matt York, ASSOCIATED PRESS
Former Weber State offensive lineman Pat McQuistan signed with the Atlanta Falcons on Monday, rejoining his twin brother Paul in the NFL.
The Falcons also placed tackle Sam Baker on injured reserve, opening a roster spot for Pat McQuistan. Baker injured his right knee during Atlanta’s preseason game against the Houston Texans on Saturday.
McQuistan joins his seventh NFL team in Atlanta. He was a seventh-round draft pick by Dallas in 2006, and has also spent time with Miami, Tennessee, New Orleans, Arizona and Jacksonville.
The 6-foot-6, 317-pound tackle has played in 72 career NFL games, with 11 starts. He last played during the regular season for the Cardinals in 2012.
McQuistan’s brother Paul joined the Cleveland Browns this season after spending 2011-13 with the Seattle Seahawks.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Brazil nabs 10 IS backers in Olympics...
- Oklahoma State forward Tyrek Coger dies after...
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Morning links: National college... 93
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 88
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 75
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 55
- Annual instate college basketball... 38
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of... 20