Former Weber State offensive lineman Pat McQuistan signs with Atlanta Falcons
Matt York, ASSOCIATED PRESS
Former Weber State offensive lineman Pat McQuistan signed with the Atlanta Falcons on Monday, rejoining his twin brother Paul in the NFL.
The Falcons also placed tackle Sam Baker on injured reserve, opening a roster spot for Pat McQuistan. Baker injured his right knee during Atlanta’s preseason game against the Houston Texans on Saturday.
McQuistan joins his seventh NFL team in Atlanta. He was a seventh-round draft pick by Dallas in 2006, and has also spent time with Miami, Tennessee, New Orleans, Arizona and Jacksonville.
The 6-foot-6, 317-pound tackle has played in 72 career NFL games, with 11 starts. He last played during the regular season for the Cardinals in 2012.
McQuistan’s brother Paul joined the Cleveland Browns this season after spending 2011-13 with the Seattle Seahawks.
Email: email@example.com; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Risks in climbing Everest in focus as 3 die,...
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- LSU's live tiger mascot diagnosed with rare...
- Olympic gold-medal sailor tells of gunpoint...
- A look at Day 2 at French Open
- Lowry, DeRozan lead Raptors to 105-99 win...
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under Armour
- Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles selected to host...
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 147
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 67
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 48
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 48
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 41
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 37
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 28
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27