Former Weber State offensive lineman Pat McQuistan signs with Atlanta Falcons
Matt York, ASSOCIATED PRESS
Former Weber State offensive lineman Pat McQuistan signed with the Atlanta Falcons on Monday, rejoining his twin brother Paul in the NFL.
The Falcons also placed tackle Sam Baker on injured reserve, opening a roster spot for Pat McQuistan. Baker injured his right knee during Atlanta’s preseason game against the Houston Texans on Saturday.
McQuistan joins his seventh NFL team in Atlanta. He was a seventh-round draft pick by Dallas in 2006, and has also spent time with Miami, Tennessee, New Orleans, Arizona and Jacksonville.
The 6-foot-6, 317-pound tackle has played in 72 career NFL games, with 11 starts. He last played during the regular season for the Cardinals in 2012.
McQuistan’s brother Paul joined the Cleveland Browns this season after spending 2011-13 with the Seattle Seahawks.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Utah high schoolers who've reached the Super...
- Doug Robinson: 'In Football We Trust'...
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around as...
- Utes get it done at home again
- Utah Utes still pursuing several big-time...
- Former Utah Jazz guard Deron Williams had...
- Brad Rock: Utah Utes still outstanding from...
- BYU basketball analysis: Why the Cougars...
- Brad Rock: BYU asleep at the switch on... 99
- BYU, Michigan State agree to... 90
- Peavler: Can BYU football rise up to... 61
- Dick Harmon: BYU continuing new policy... 55
- Utah football: Utes add former BYU... 51
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight... 37
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around... 29
- Dick Harmon: Texas speedster Charles... 28