Former Weber State offensive lineman Pat McQuistan signs with Atlanta Falcons
Matt York, ASSOCIATED PRESS
Former Weber State offensive lineman Pat McQuistan signed with the Atlanta Falcons on Monday, rejoining his twin brother Paul in the NFL.
The Falcons also placed tackle Sam Baker on injured reserve, opening a roster spot for Pat McQuistan. Baker injured his right knee during Atlanta’s preseason game against the Houston Texans on Saturday.
McQuistan joins his seventh NFL team in Atlanta. He was a seventh-round draft pick by Dallas in 2006, and has also spent time with Miami, Tennessee, New Orleans, Arizona and Jacksonville.
The 6-foot-6, 317-pound tackle has played in 72 career NFL games, with 11 starts. He last played during the regular season for the Cardinals in 2012.
McQuistan’s brother Paul joined the Cleveland Browns this season after spending 2011-13 with the Seattle Seahawks.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- BYU's Kaufusi, selected in 3rd round of NFL...
- Booker, other locals could get NFL draft...
- Decades later, Thurl Bailey and N.C. State...
- BYU men's volleyball: Underwood and others...
- Niumatalolo and Navy make another trip to the...
- Having freshman QBs is a mixed bag for Utah
- No home games for 7 weeks? RSL explains why a...
- The BYU international basketball tracker: How...
- Morning links: BYU's Eric Mika returns... 90
- BYU basketball: Cougars to play USC... 49
- BYU's Kaufusi an intriguing NFL... 26
- Having freshman QBs is a mixed bag for... 20
- Oakland Raiders owner says he will... 18
- Morning links: NFL Draft prospect news... 18
- 2016 NFL draft: Local players who might... 14
- BYU football announces full spring... 12