MILLCREEK — Salt Lake County and the Millceek Community Council will sponsor a classic car show, dinner and movie night on Friday, Aug. 29, at Big Cottonwood Regional Park, 4300 S. 1300 East.
The event starts at 4 p.m. with a display of classic cars, followed at 5:30 p.m. with a free dinner served until the food runs out.
A car show award ceremony will take place between 7:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. Award categories include Mayor’s Choice, Unified Police Department Choice, Millcreek Council Choice, Unified Fire Authority Choice and Citizens’ Choice.
Contact Sam Schrader at 801-263-0522 for more information. Only cars that have preregistered will be allowed to participate.
A shuttle service will be available all evening at no cost to take people from the hill to the pavilion.
New this year will be a booth and activities for children, provided by members of the Millcreek Township Arts Council. Weather-permitting, there will be a bouncy house for kids and tethered hot air balloon rides for people of all ages. The movie “Cars” will begin at dusk.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue atop...
- Horse owners urged to have animals vaccinated
- Judiciary panel OK’s ex-Centerville...
- Bank bomb scare prompts evacuation of...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 34
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 31
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 14