MILLCREEK — Salt Lake County and the Millceek Community Council will sponsor a classic car show, dinner and movie night on Friday, Aug. 29, at Big Cottonwood Regional Park, 4300 S. 1300 East.
The event starts at 4 p.m. with a display of classic cars, followed at 5:30 p.m. with a free dinner served until the food runs out.
A car show award ceremony will take place between 7:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. Award categories include Mayor’s Choice, Unified Police Department Choice, Millcreek Council Choice, Unified Fire Authority Choice and Citizens’ Choice.
Contact Sam Schrader at 801-263-0522 for more information. Only cars that have preregistered will be allowed to participate.
A shuttle service will be available all evening at no cost to take people from the hill to the pavilion.
New this year will be a booth and activities for children, provided by members of the Millcreek Township Arts Council. Weather-permitting, there will be a bouncy house for kids and tethered hot air balloon rides for people of all ages. The movie “Cars” will begin at dusk.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- 7 habits of mentally strong people
- 'Catastrophic' arson fire destroys 10 Tooele...
- West Valley man killed in motorcycle crash...
- Applications being taken for justice court...
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14