MILLCREEK — Salt Lake County and the Millceek Community Council will sponsor a classic car show, dinner and movie night on Friday, Aug. 29, at Big Cottonwood Regional Park, 4300 S. 1300 East.
The event starts at 4 p.m. with a display of classic cars, followed at 5:30 p.m. with a free dinner served until the food runs out.
A car show award ceremony will take place between 7:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. Award categories include Mayor’s Choice, Unified Police Department Choice, Millcreek Council Choice, Unified Fire Authority Choice and Citizens’ Choice.
Contact Sam Schrader at 801-263-0522 for more information. Only cars that have preregistered will be allowed to participate.
A shuttle service will be available all evening at no cost to take people from the hill to the pavilion.
New this year will be a booth and activities for children, provided by members of the Millcreek Township Arts Council. Weather-permitting, there will be a bouncy house for kids and tethered hot air balloon rides for people of all ages. The movie “Cars” will begin at dusk.
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Could elephants' 'superhero' cancer guardian...
- Couple charged with stealing Hondas from TRAX...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 67
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 17
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15