DUCHESNE — The Duchesne County Sheriff's Office has released the name of the man who died Saturday after falling off the roof of a sport-utility vehicle driven by a suspected drunken driver.
Anton Langley, 24, was riding in the back seat of a Jeep Cherokee driven by Braxton Argyle when he decided to climb onto the roof for reasons that have not yet been determined, Duchesne County Sheriff's Lt. Travis Tucker said.
Argyle, 28, told investigators he was near 3000 West and 8000 South just before 5:30 a.m. when he looked in the rearview mirror and saw Langley going out a window, Tucker said.
Argyle said he began to slow down for an upcoming intersection and saw Langley fall off the vehicle, the lieutenant said. The driver stopped, called 911 and rendered first aid until an ambulance arrived, Tucker said.
Anton was taken to Uintah Basin Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead. Argyle was arrested by the Utah Highway Patrol for investigation of DUI and booked into the Duchesne County Jail.
The sheriff's office is continuing to investigate Anton's death, Tucker said, while troopers handle the DUI case.
— Geoff Liesik
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Pranks spark collection of toilet paper by...
- What to do after the presents are opened?...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an...
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 123
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested... 12
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 12
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9