DUCHESNE — The Duchesne County Sheriff's Office has released the name of the man who died Saturday after falling off the roof of a sport-utility vehicle driven by a suspected drunken driver.
Anton Langley, 24, was riding in the back seat of a Jeep Cherokee driven by Braxton Argyle when he decided to climb onto the roof for reasons that have not yet been determined, Duchesne County Sheriff's Lt. Travis Tucker said.
Argyle, 28, told investigators he was near 3000 West and 8000 South just before 5:30 a.m. when he looked in the rearview mirror and saw Langley going out a window, Tucker said.
Argyle said he began to slow down for an upcoming intersection and saw Langley fall off the vehicle, the lieutenant said. The driver stopped, called 911 and rendered first aid until an ambulance arrived, Tucker said.
Anton was taken to Uintah Basin Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead. Argyle was arrested by the Utah Highway Patrol for investigation of DUI and booked into the Duchesne County Jail.
The sheriff's office is continuing to investigate Anton's death, Tucker said, while troopers handle the DUI case.
— Geoff Liesik
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 41
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 30
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 29
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 22