Carbon County teen dies after crashing dirt bike into tractor-trailer truck
PRICE — A Carbon County teen died Saturday after crashing his off-road motorcycle into the side of a tractor-trailer truck.
The 15-year-old was riding his dirt bike adjacent to Lower Miller Creek Road about 8:45 p.m. when the accident happened, according to Carbon County Sheriff's Sgt. David Brewer.
As the teen approached the intersection of Lower Miller Creek Road and Ridge Road, he jumped his dirt bike onto Ridge Road using the shoulder of the roadway as a ramp, the sergeant said.
The dirt bike struck the side of a passing tractor-trailer truck that was traveling east on Ridge Road, Brewer said. The dirt bike rider was taken to the hospital by ambulance but later died from his injuries.
The teen has been identified as Nickolas Pete Stamatakis. The crash investigation is still ongoing.
— Geoff Liesik
- Which U.S. cities are the best for upward...
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt status...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Motley Crue concert delayed about two hours...
- What consumers need to know about chip...
- Imagine Dragons treated like home team at...
- Merged resorts relying on familiar feel to...
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 298
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 141
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 106
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 77
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 67
- Lee takes on new strategy in fight... 45
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 39
- Is report on building prison in Draper... 35