Carbon County teen dies after crashing dirt bike into tractor-trailer truck
PRICE — A Carbon County teen died Saturday after crashing his off-road motorcycle into the side of a tractor-trailer truck.
The 15-year-old was riding his dirt bike adjacent to Lower Miller Creek Road about 8:45 p.m. when the accident happened, according to Carbon County Sheriff's Sgt. David Brewer.
As the teen approached the intersection of Lower Miller Creek Road and Ridge Road, he jumped his dirt bike onto Ridge Road using the shoulder of the roadway as a ramp, the sergeant said.
The dirt bike struck the side of a passing tractor-trailer truck that was traveling east on Ridge Road, Brewer said. The dirt bike rider was taken to the hospital by ambulance but later died from his injuries.
The teen has been identified as Nickolas Pete Stamatakis. The crash investigation is still ongoing.
— Geoff Liesik
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Inmate charged with sending threatening...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 68
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15
- Lawmakers hear support for Medicaid... 15