Carbon County teen dies after crashing dirt bike into tractor-trailer truck
PRICE — A Carbon County teen died Saturday after crashing his off-road motorcycle into the side of a tractor-trailer truck.
The 15-year-old was riding his dirt bike adjacent to Lower Miller Creek Road about 8:45 p.m. when the accident happened, according to Carbon County Sheriff's Sgt. David Brewer.
As the teen approached the intersection of Lower Miller Creek Road and Ridge Road, he jumped his dirt bike onto Ridge Road using the shoulder of the roadway as a ramp, the sergeant said.
The dirt bike struck the side of a passing tractor-trailer truck that was traveling east on Ridge Road, Brewer said. The dirt bike rider was taken to the hospital by ambulance but later died from his injuries.
The teen has been identified as Nickolas Pete Stamatakis. The crash investigation is still ongoing.
— Geoff Liesik
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate legal...
- Body of missing hiker found above Alta
- Documents: Former teacher says he used to...
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald Trump...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Worthy of celebration: 99-year history of...
- Syracuse woman killed in Antelope Drive crash
- Work on Canyon Road in Spanish Fork underway
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 39
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 33
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe... 21