Carbon County teen dies after crashing dirt bike into tractor-trailer truck
PRICE — A Carbon County teen died Saturday after crashing his off-road motorcycle into the side of a tractor-trailer truck.
The 15-year-old was riding his dirt bike adjacent to Lower Miller Creek Road about 8:45 p.m. when the accident happened, according to Carbon County Sheriff's Sgt. David Brewer.
As the teen approached the intersection of Lower Miller Creek Road and Ridge Road, he jumped his dirt bike onto Ridge Road using the shoulder of the roadway as a ramp, the sergeant said.
The dirt bike struck the side of a passing tractor-trailer truck that was traveling east on Ridge Road, Brewer said. The dirt bike rider was taken to the hospital by ambulance but later died from his injuries.
The teen has been identified as Nickolas Pete Stamatakis. The crash investigation is still ongoing.
— Geoff Liesik
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close South...
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence of...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- Two rescued after falling through ice at...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 38
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 26
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 25
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14