Carbon County teen dies after crashing dirt bike into tractor-trailer truck
PRICE — A Carbon County teen died Saturday after crashing his off-road motorcycle into the side of a tractor-trailer truck.
The 15-year-old was riding his dirt bike adjacent to Lower Miller Creek Road about 8:45 p.m. when the accident happened, according to Carbon County Sheriff's Sgt. David Brewer.
As the teen approached the intersection of Lower Miller Creek Road and Ridge Road, he jumped his dirt bike onto Ridge Road using the shoulder of the roadway as a ramp, the sergeant said.
The dirt bike struck the side of a passing tractor-trailer truck that was traveling east on Ridge Road, Brewer said. The dirt bike rider was taken to the hospital by ambulance but later died from his injuries.
The teen has been identified as Nickolas Pete Stamatakis. The crash investigation is still ongoing.
— Geoff Liesik
- Ogden home burglarized while family attends...
- Video: Utah man uses 'random acts of pasta'...
- Utah family's adoption of Ethiopian girl...
- John Jones died in a cave, but his widow...
- Lawmakers to rehash Utah's stillbirth law due...
- Utah lawmakers contemplate law requiring body...
- How do I know if I'm ovulating?
- Why Utahns are some of the biggest spenders,...
- As Ferguson verdict is read, protesters... 70
- Prayers, protests raised in Utah as... 36
- Utah to pay plaintiffs in marriage... 34
- 12-year-old girl dies in accidental... 29
- Ogden attorney sues Weber School... 27
- GOP plans to sue over Count My Vote... 27
- Proposed tax increase a 'bold move' for... 24
- Utah lawmakers contemplate law... 22