Sala de Prensa Argentina Facebook page
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints added Angel Moroni statues to the Cordoba Argentina Temple and the Trujillo Peru Temple last week.
An Aug. 13 Facebook post and an Aug. 14 tweet from Mormon Newsroom announced the placement of the statue atop the Cordoba Argentina Temple. An Aug. 15 post on the Mormon Newsroom Instagram account and an article on the website reported the same news for the Trujillo Peru Temple.
Plans to build both temples were announced in 2008. Elder Neil L. Andersen of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles presided over the groundbreaking of the Cordoba Temple in 2010, and Elder Rafael E. Pino of the Seventy presided at the groundbreaking of the Trujillo Temple in 2011. Both temples are under construction, and dedication dates have not been announced.
The Cordoba Temple will be the second temple in the Argentina and serve more than 95,000 LDS Church members, according to LDS Church News. The Trujillo Temple will join an operating temple in Lima and another announced in 2012 for Arequipa.
Emily Eyring is the Faith and Family Web producer for DeseretNews.com.
- LDS couple with triplets expecting twins:...
- Royals Pitcher Jeremy Guthrie expresses...
- Partially paralyzed LDS runner completes...
- 'Meet the Mormons' an example of church...
- New Harmony: Church questions? I have a dozen
- Polygamy essays provide information about...
- Wright Words: Are you an odd duck?
- Southern Baptists tell pastors: hold line on...
- Polygamy essays provide information... 69
- Pope Francis: ‘Evolution ... 60
- Pastor who performed gay marriage keeps... 29
- Southern Baptists tell pastors: hold... 21
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Using faith... 19
- Churches proceed carefully when... 16
- New Harmony: Church questions? I have a... 15
- 'Meet the Mormons' an example of church... 7