Chuck Burton, ASSOCIATED PRESS
Utah’s Zac Blair keeps moving up the Web.com Tour money list and putting himself in better position of earning his PGA Tour card for next year.
The former BYU golfer made his seventh cut in seven tries at the News Sentinel Open in Knoxville, and fired a final-round 67 Sunday to finish in a tie for 14th place at 272.
That earned the Ogden native a check for $9,900 and moved him from 41st to 38th on the Web.com money list. The top 25 players on the money list at the end of the season earn berths on the PGA Tour.
The final Web.com Tour event of the regular season will be played in Oregon this week for the inaugural WinCo Foods Portland Open. Blair would need to finish first or second to finish in the Top 25 and guarantee a spot on the PGA Tour.
However, he has already earned a spot in the Web.com Finals, which includes the top 75 money-winners on the Web.com and the Nos. 126 through 200 money-winners on the PGA Tour. Those 150 players will play in four tournaments over the next four weeks with the top 25 joining the other 25 with PGA Tour privileges for next year.
Blair has ascended the Web.com money list in a short amount of time. After playing on the PGA’s Latinoamerica Tour in the spring, Blair qualified to play in the Nova Scotia Open in early July. He finished seventh and played in the Utah Championship the following week, where he tied for 11th. Since then he has never failed to make a cut and tied for second last week in Missouri.
Another Utah golfer on the Web.com Tour, Tony Finau, remained No. 6 on the Web.com money list with $251,963 after opting not to play this week.
- Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, Weber State...
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave Christensen...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 116
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 67
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 59
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 51