Chuck Burton, ASSOCIATED PRESS
Utah’s Zac Blair keeps moving up the Web.com Tour money list and putting himself in better position of earning his PGA Tour card for next year.
The former BYU golfer made his seventh cut in seven tries at the News Sentinel Open in Knoxville, and fired a final-round 67 Sunday to finish in a tie for 14th place at 272.
That earned the Ogden native a check for $9,900 and moved him from 41st to 38th on the Web.com money list. The top 25 players on the money list at the end of the season earn berths on the PGA Tour.
The final Web.com Tour event of the regular season will be played in Oregon this week for the inaugural WinCo Foods Portland Open. Blair would need to finish first or second to finish in the Top 25 and guarantee a spot on the PGA Tour.
However, he has already earned a spot in the Web.com Finals, which includes the top 75 money-winners on the Web.com and the Nos. 126 through 200 money-winners on the PGA Tour. Those 150 players will play in four tournaments over the next four weeks with the top 25 joining the other 25 with PGA Tour privileges for next year.
Blair has ascended the Web.com money list in a short amount of time. After playing on the PGA’s Latinoamerica Tour in the spring, Blair qualified to play in the Nova Scotia Open in early July. He finished seventh and played in the Utah Championship the following week, where he tied for 11th. Since then he has never failed to make a cut and tied for second last week in Missouri.
Another Utah golfer on the Web.com Tour, Tony Finau, remained No. 6 on the Web.com money list with $251,963 after opting not to play this week.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- Utah football: Quarterback Kendal Thompson...
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 110
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 34
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 27
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20