Man killed after falling from moving car in Duchesne County
MYTON, Duchesne County — A man was killed Saturday after falling from the top of a moving car.
Police were called to the incident at 2997 W. 8000 South near Myton just before 5:20 a.m., Utah Department of Public Safety spokesman Joe Dougherty said. The man who died was the passenger in a vehicle traveling along a country road.
The man apparently climbed out of the window of the moving vehicle and on top of the car.
"Unfortunately, the gentleman fell off and was killed," Dougherty said.
The man's name was not released Saturday. His death is being investigated by the Duchesne County Sheriff's Office.
The driver of the vehicle was arrested for investigation of driving under the influence, Dougherty said. The Utah Highway Patrol will handle that portion of the investigation.
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Pranks spark collection of toilet paper by...
- What to do after the presents are opened?...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an...
- Utah native served with main character in...
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- Christmas I Remember Best: From WWII to...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 122
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- What does a letter grade mean for my... 19
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested... 12
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 12
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9