Man killed after falling from moving car in Duchesne County
MYTON, Duchesne County — A man was killed Saturday after falling from the top of a moving car.
Police were called to the incident at 2997 W. 8000 South near Myton just before 5:20 a.m., Utah Department of Public Safety spokesman Joe Dougherty said. The man who died was the passenger in a vehicle traveling along a country road.
The man apparently climbed out of the window of the moving vehicle and on top of the car.
"Unfortunately, the gentleman fell off and was killed," Dougherty said.
The man's name was not released Saturday. His death is being investigated by the Duchesne County Sheriff's Office.
The driver of the vehicle was arrested for investigation of driving under the influence, Dougherty said. The Utah Highway Patrol will handle that portion of the investigation.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Prosecutors 'stand down' and drop criminal...
- Screaming, shouting and Utah's in the middle...
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Fire destroys Taylorsville home, damages another
- Another first: Utah caretaker contracts Zika...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Screaming, shouting and Utah's in the... 64
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 29
- Prosecutors 'stand down' and drop... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16