Man killed after falling from moving car in Duchesne County
MYTON, Duchesne County — A man was killed Saturday after falling from the top of a moving car.
Police were called to the incident at 2997 W. 8000 South near Myton just before 5:20 a.m., Utah Department of Public Safety spokesman Joe Dougherty said. The man who died was the passenger in a vehicle traveling along a country road.
The man apparently climbed out of the window of the moving vehicle and on top of the car.
"Unfortunately, the gentleman fell off and was killed," Dougherty said.
The man's name was not released Saturday. His death is being investigated by the Duchesne County Sheriff's Office.
The driver of the vehicle was arrested for investigation of driving under the influence, Dougherty said. The Utah Highway Patrol will handle that portion of the investigation.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's...
- Jim Bennett: One 11-year-old's perspective on...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 62
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 46
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 21
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 15
- Two Utah schools under federal... 10
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 9