Man killed after falling from moving car in Duchesne County
MYTON, Duchesne County — A man was killed Saturday after falling from the top of a moving car.
Police were called to the incident at 2997 W. 8000 South near Myton just before 5:20 a.m., Utah Department of Public Safety spokesman Joe Dougherty said. The man who died was the passenger in a vehicle traveling along a country road.
The man apparently climbed out of the window of the moving vehicle and on top of the car.
"Unfortunately, the gentleman fell off and was killed," Dougherty said.
The man's name was not released Saturday. His death is being investigated by the Duchesne County Sheriff's Office.
The driver of the vehicle was arrested for investigation of driving under the influence, Dougherty said. The Utah Highway Patrol will handle that portion of the investigation.
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark...
- 20 years later, parents of missing Spanish...
- Midvale teen ran over mom with car after...
- Audit reveals flawed projections on Utah's...
- Testimony focuses on relationship between...
- Body of woman found near hiking trail in...
- Price teen killed in Carbon County crash
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark... 92
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 39
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 23
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 19
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 14
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 13
- Audit reveals flawed projections on... 11
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake... 10