Rock White, Nebo School District
More than 100 students from Nebo School District’s junior high schools recently participated in a two-day summer event of games, theater, food and fun at the fourth annual Nebo Shakespeare Academy.
The Nebo Shakespeare Academy, held at Mapleton Junior High School, featured classes on voice technique and acting competitions, which focused on teaching the value of good collaboration and healthy competition.
Guest speakers Jan Shelton Hunsaker and Andy Hunsaker, educated and trained at Southern Utah University's Shakespeare Festival, taught theater characteristics to the students. Both currently teach in the Nebo School District at Spanish Fork High School. The Hunsaker’s theater programs have taken many first place awards at competitions, such as the Shakespeare Acting Competition, the Tuacahn School for the Performing Arts and the Salt Lake School for the Performing Arts.
Nebo School District junior high school theatre teachers and Shakespeare coaches include Kara Poulsen, Diamond Fork; Kristina Holley, Spanish Fork; Rock Hatch White, Mt. Nebo; Nichole Clement, Mapleton and Springville; David Antablian, Payson; DeAnna Ashworth and Catherine Lyon, Salem.
Communications & Community Relations Specialist for Nebo School District
- Stolen Dodge Charger no match for Hurricane...
- Recreation, crowds and challenges: What's...
- One year later: Slow movement on slide repairs
- Prison inmates start hunger strike, demand...
- About Utah: He never yelled, but he sure did...
- Teen girl killed in Millard County crash
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Herriman man says his brain tumor felt like a...
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 49
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay... 38
- Prison inmates start hunger strike,... 36
- Salt Lake County cities, school... 17
- Teens arrested, rancher cleared after... 12
- Salt Lake police looking for horses,... 10
- Survey: Utah residents want crops, not... 10
- National report shows high overall... 9