Rock White, Nebo School District
More than 100 students from Nebo School District’s junior high schools recently participated in a two-day summer event of games, theater, food and fun at the fourth annual Nebo Shakespeare Academy.
The Nebo Shakespeare Academy, held at Mapleton Junior High School, featured classes on voice technique and acting competitions, which focused on teaching the value of good collaboration and healthy competition.
Guest speakers Jan Shelton Hunsaker and Andy Hunsaker, educated and trained at Southern Utah University's Shakespeare Festival, taught theater characteristics to the students. Both currently teach in the Nebo School District at Spanish Fork High School. The Hunsaker’s theater programs have taken many first place awards at competitions, such as the Shakespeare Acting Competition, the Tuacahn School for the Performing Arts and the Salt Lake School for the Performing Arts.
Nebo School District junior high school theatre teachers and Shakespeare coaches include Kara Poulsen, Diamond Fork; Kristina Holley, Spanish Fork; Rock Hatch White, Mt. Nebo; Nichole Clement, Mapleton and Springville; David Antablian, Payson; DeAnna Ashworth and Catherine Lyon, Salem.
Communications & Community Relations Specialist for Nebo School District
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy don't...
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support to...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- 3 'scary' medical problems for kids
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 108
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 96
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 61
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support... 42
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 31
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 19
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 17