Rock White, Nebo School District
More than 100 students from Nebo School District’s junior high schools recently participated in a two-day summer event of games, theater, food and fun at the fourth annual Nebo Shakespeare Academy.
The Nebo Shakespeare Academy, held at Mapleton Junior High School, featured classes on voice technique and acting competitions, which focused on teaching the value of good collaboration and healthy competition.
Guest speakers Jan Shelton Hunsaker and Andy Hunsaker, educated and trained at Southern Utah University's Shakespeare Festival, taught theater characteristics to the students. Both currently teach in the Nebo School District at Spanish Fork High School. The Hunsaker’s theater programs have taken many first place awards at competitions, such as the Shakespeare Acting Competition, the Tuacahn School for the Performing Arts and the Salt Lake School for the Performing Arts.
Nebo School District junior high school theatre teachers and Shakespeare coaches include Kara Poulsen, Diamond Fork; Kristina Holley, Spanish Fork; Rock Hatch White, Mt. Nebo; Nichole Clement, Mapleton and Springville; David Antablian, Payson; DeAnna Ashworth and Catherine Lyon, Salem.
Communications & Community Relations Specialist for Nebo School District
- Sculptor hopes new statue brings comfort to...
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- Mayor responds to pending harassment lawsuit...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex harassment...
- Zion's trees are dying of old age
- Teen dies in suspected overdose in Farmington
- First prison relocation open house... 39
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 22
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 16
- Utah lawmakers begin task to... 15
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 15
- Police: Toddler accidentally shot in... 14
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 12
- Mia Love pushing higher education act 11