Rock White, Nebo School District
More than 100 students from Nebo School District’s junior high schools recently participated in a two-day summer event of games, theater, food and fun at the fourth annual Nebo Shakespeare Academy.
The Nebo Shakespeare Academy, held at Mapleton Junior High School, featured classes on voice technique and acting competitions, which focused on teaching the value of good collaboration and healthy competition.
Guest speakers Jan Shelton Hunsaker and Andy Hunsaker, educated and trained at Southern Utah University's Shakespeare Festival, taught theater characteristics to the students. Both currently teach in the Nebo School District at Spanish Fork High School. The Hunsaker’s theater programs have taken many first place awards at competitions, such as the Shakespeare Acting Competition, the Tuacahn School for the Performing Arts and the Salt Lake School for the Performing Arts.
Nebo School District junior high school theatre teachers and Shakespeare coaches include Kara Poulsen, Diamond Fork; Kristina Holley, Spanish Fork; Rock Hatch White, Mt. Nebo; Nichole Clement, Mapleton and Springville; David Antablian, Payson; DeAnna Ashworth and Catherine Lyon, Salem.
Communications & Community Relations Specialist for Nebo School District
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- We were there: See Deseret News front pages...
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Love not attending Salt Lake City Rotary Club...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 79
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 58
- Federal government extends same-sex... 37
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 23
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 15
- Risque video shoots trigger... 14
- Housing recovery slowest since World... 12