Utah Utes football camp report: Booker, McCormick also shine in scrimmage focused on QB competition
Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
Aug. 16: The Utes scrimmaged at Rice-Eccles Stadium on Saturday morning with the starting quarterback battle taking center stage. Travis Wilson completed 11 of 22 passes for 145 yards with two touchdowns and one interception. He rushed for 53 yards on 11 carries and scored once. Kendal Thompson completed 8 of 18 throws for 129 yards and two TDs. He ran for two scores, finishing with 89 yards rushing on nine carries.
Standout performers: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham said that running backs Devontae Booker (73 yards, one touchdown) and Troy McCormick (89 yards, one touchdown) did a nice job. He also thought the defense played well overall.
Quotable: “Everybody stood out. Everyone played up to their capabilities.” — Whittingham
Injuries: The Utes had "just a couple bumps and bruises,” according to Whittingham.
Next up: The Utes will take Sunday off and resume camp with two practices on Monday.
This glance accompanies related stories and is not a comprehensive practice report.
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big 12...
- Poll: Many Brazilians think Olympic Games...
- AP source: ACC, ESPN to launch ACC Network in...
- BYU and the Big 12: A timeline of events
- NCAA: No. 1 overall seed to choose tourney...
- IOC explores legal options on banning all...
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big... 125
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Morning links: National college... 72
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 53
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 52
- Big 12 Media Days social roundup:... 49
- Annual instate college basketball... 37