Elder David A. Bednar, of the Quorum of the Twelve of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, will be the devotional speaker during Brigham Young University's Campus Education Week, which will take place Aug. 18-22, according to a news release.
This year's theme is “Seek Learning, Even by Study and Also by Faith” (see Doctrine and Covenants 88:118). The schedule, registration and details for BYU Campus Education week can be found at educationweek.byu.edu.
Campus Education Week offers more than 1,000 classes on a wide variety of topics that are taught by more than 200 presenters, including BYU faculty, seminary and institute instructors and other experts, and there are also more than 80 classes offered for youths 14 to 18 years old.
There are a variety of registration options, including full week, just Tuesday through Friday, just mornings, just afternoons, just events and just one day of the week. Online registration is available through Aug. 16 at ce.byu.edu/edweek/register.php. Registration is also available over the phone, at 877-221-6716, or in person at the Harman Continuing Education Building at BYU. At-the-door registration is available during the program.
The devotional is scheduled at Aug. 19 at 11:10 a.m. in the Marriott Center. The devotional is free and open to the public and will be broadcast live on BYUtv, and the program archives on BYUtv.org and speeches.byu.edu.
Each night from Tuesday through Friday, three concert or theater productions will be presented at the Harris Fine Arts Center at BYU. Tickets are $12 for each performance and available at the BYU Ticket Office at 801-422-2981 or online at byutickets.com. Registration for Education Week is not required to purchase tickets for these performances.
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- 185th Annual General Conference talk...
- President Henry B. Eyring: 'The Comforter'
- Sister Bonnie L. Oscarson: 'Defenders of the...
- LDS Church releases Easter video, campaign
- From log cabin to university, BYU-Idaho...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone and...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone... 165
- Why I don’t call myself a... 92
- 'A marvellous work and a wonder': A... 63
- Heaven can wait, Christian bookstore... 17
- Millennials are the ‘don’t... 16
- Meet the Muslim actor playing Jesus in... 10
- General Women's Session focuses on... 10
- State bills to protect religious... 9