Alan Neves, Deseret News
NORTH SALT LAKE — A FrontRunner train collided with a utility truck Friday afternoon.
The incident happened just after 1 p.m. at the Center Street exit off I-15 between the North Temple and Woods Cross stations, according to the Utah Transit Authority.
South Davis Metro Fire reported four people suffered minor injuries. The collision also started a small field fire that was extinguished quickly.
Passengers on the damaged train were loaded onto a bus and taken to the Woods Cross station.
North Salt Lake police reported the tanker truck was full of chemicals used to kill grass and weeds. A crew hired by Union Pacific was on the tracks spraying weeds, but as it was turning to exit off Center Street, the crossing arms came down, trapping the vehicle, according to police.
The incident was still under investigation Friday.
— Pat Reavy
- Teen accused of murdering neighbor now...
- One man electrocuted, 2 others injured in...
- ACT scores, 2015: A breakdown of each state,...
- Utah Highway Patrol trooper shot multiple...
- 9 of the worst things you can do to your...
- Police identify man killed in I-80 rollover
- ‘Jackie & Ryan’ showcases beauty...
- Police working to identify boys who left...
- Poll: Utahns would take Donald Trump... 76
- Planned Parenthood draws support,... 71
- GOP presidential candidate Jeb Bush has... 28
- Doug Robinson: No days off on Utes'... 24
- Commissioner wants new trial as feds... 19
- Teen accused of murdering neighbor now... 17
- Stolen identity: Congressman Jason... 12
- UHP locates owner of doghouse that... 12