Alan Neves, Deseret News
NORTH SALT LAKE — A FrontRunner train collided with a utility truck Friday afternoon.
The incident happened just after 1 p.m. at the Center Street exit off I-15 between the North Temple and Woods Cross stations, according to the Utah Transit Authority.
South Davis Metro Fire reported four people suffered minor injuries. The collision also started a small field fire that was extinguished quickly.
Passengers on the damaged train were loaded onto a bus and taken to the Woods Cross station.
North Salt Lake police reported the tanker truck was full of chemicals used to kill grass and weeds. A crew hired by Union Pacific was on the tracks spraying weeds, but as it was turning to exit off Center Street, the crossing arms came down, trapping the vehicle, according to police.
The incident was still under investigation Friday.
— Pat Reavy
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an...
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Utah native served with main character in...
- Pranks spark collection of toilet paper by...
- Chugging eggnog at office party lands man in...
- Utahn Merlin Taylor is Santa with a cause
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- West High basketball players work to debate...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 108
- A year later, a look at the Utah... 101
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Couples celebrate one-year anniversary... 35
- Anti-police protests tie up traffic on... 33
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 23
- What does a letter grade mean for my... 19
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 16