Alan Neves, Deseret News
NORTH SALT LAKE — A FrontRunner train collided with a utility truck Friday afternoon.
The incident happened just after 1 p.m. at the Center Street exit off I-15 between the North Temple and Woods Cross stations, according to the Utah Transit Authority.
South Davis Metro Fire reported four people suffered minor injuries. The collision also started a small field fire that was extinguished quickly.
Passengers on the damaged train were loaded onto a bus and taken to the Woods Cross station.
North Salt Lake police reported the tanker truck was full of chemicals used to kill grass and weeds. A crew hired by Union Pacific was on the tracks spraying weeds, but as it was turning to exit off Center Street, the crossing arms came down, trapping the vehicle, according to police.
The incident was still under investigation Friday.
— Pat Reavy
- Precedents — and exceptions — to...
- Vernal man charged after 2 bizarre burglaries...
- Layton man attempts to duct tape, rape woman,...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Boston-bound airline pilot from West Jordan...
- LDS Church leaders continue to emphasize...
- Chaffetz calls speaker bid a long shot, may...
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be named...
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 54
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 37
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 30
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- State says it will fund Planned... 14
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters... 13
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 13
- Precedents — and exceptions... 12