Utah Highway Patrol
FAIRFIELD, Utah County — Two 15-year-old girls were injured Friday when their ATV collided with an SUV.
Just after 10:30 a.m., the girls, whose names were not immediately released, were riding an ATV near Five Mile Pass on the Utah-Tooele county border when they attempted to cross state Route 73.
"It appears that they didn't look before crossing the road," Utah Department of Public Safety spokesman Joe Dougherty said.
The girls were struck broadside by a PT Cruiser that had tried to stop as the ATV attempted to cross the road, according to the Utah Department of Public Safety.
The impact propelled one girl over the top of the vehicle, and the other was tossed to the shoulder of the road, Dougherty said.
The girls were last listed in serious condition at local hospitals.
— Pat Reavy
- Mom of Darrien Hunt being investigated in...
- Prison relocation process slows down
- Appeal of excommunicated LDS activist Kate...
- Clearfield pediatrician arrested in child...
- Man accused of shooting 72-year-old West...
- Strack family: Search warrants begin 'to...
- Utah families, researchers play role in...
- New poll shows Love, Owens race tightens;...
- Doug Owens ahead of Mia Love in new poll 59
- New poll shows Love, Owens race... 46
- State autopsy: Police shot Darrien Hunt... 34
- Officers say they shot Darrien Hunt out... 30
- Final debate between Mia Love and Doug... 27
- Prison relocation process slows down 27
- Mom of Darrien Hunt being investigated... 27
- Utah among lowest in nation in... 21