Utah Highway Patrol
FAIRFIELD, Utah County — Two 15-year-old girls were injured Friday when their ATV collided with an SUV.
Just after 10:30 a.m., the girls, whose names were not immediately released, were riding an ATV near Five Mile Pass on the Utah-Tooele county border when they attempted to cross state Route 73.
"It appears that they didn't look before crossing the road," Utah Department of Public Safety spokesman Joe Dougherty said.
The girls were struck broadside by a PT Cruiser that had tried to stop as the ATV attempted to cross the road, according to the Utah Department of Public Safety.
The impact propelled one girl over the top of the vehicle, and the other was tossed to the shoulder of the road, Dougherty said.
The girls were last listed in serious condition at local hospitals.
— Pat Reavy
- Deedee Corradini, Salt Lake's first and only...
- About Utah: Replace the prison with the NFL,...
- Victim of Washington Terrace homicide...
- Mentor to Brandon Mull, James Dashner chose...
- Utah assails Obama's Clean Power Plan
- K2 The Church's grand opening a neighborhood...
- Doug Robinson: A Boy Scout for 75 years ......
- Hearing begins to determine fate of teen...
- Gov. Herbert increases pressure on... 55
- Illinois professor could help Utah... 43
- About Utah: Replace the prison with the... 35
- Prison Relocation Commission ready to... 25
- Utah assails Obama's Clean Power Plan 24
- With Healthy Utah stalled, lives still... 18
- Hope in a crisis: School, community... 18
- Lawmakers consider academic turnaround... 17