Utah Highway Patrol
FAIRFIELD, Utah County — Two 15-year-old girls were injured Friday when their ATV collided with an SUV.
Just after 10:30 a.m., the girls, whose names were not immediately released, were riding an ATV near Five Mile Pass on the Utah-Tooele county border when they attempted to cross state Route 73.
"It appears that they didn't look before crossing the road," Utah Department of Public Safety spokesman Joe Dougherty said.
The girls were struck broadside by a PT Cruiser that had tried to stop as the ATV attempted to cross the road, according to the Utah Department of Public Safety.
The impact propelled one girl over the top of the vehicle, and the other was tossed to the shoulder of the road, Dougherty said.
The girls were last listed in serious condition at local hospitals.
— Pat Reavy
- 3 men missing nearly 5 months were likely...
- BYU student claims he was evicted after...
- Court battle settled over Susan Powell...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- Stolen truck full of $1 million in shoes...
- Gail Miller honored as 'Giant In Our City'
- Sen. Harry Reid's retirement recalls his...
- 4-year-old boy gets new ear with aid of a 3-D...
- BYU student claims he was evicted after... 41
- Meetings to resolve Medicaid expansion... 29
- Critics worry firing squad law will... 27
- Dramatic increase in Alzheimer's... 24
- Tea party movement still strong,... 22
- Sen. Mike Lee not ready to endorse Ted... 18
- Salt Lake City to become next Google... 17
- Co-founder of Ancestry.com charged with... 14