Utah Highway Patrol
FAIRFIELD, Utah County — Two 15-year-old girls were injured Friday when their ATV collided with an SUV.
Just after 10:30 a.m., the girls, whose names were not immediately released, were riding an ATV near Five Mile Pass on the Utah-Tooele county border when they attempted to cross state Route 73.
"It appears that they didn't look before crossing the road," Utah Department of Public Safety spokesman Joe Dougherty said.
The girls were struck broadside by a PT Cruiser that had tried to stop as the ATV attempted to cross the road, according to the Utah Department of Public Safety.
The impact propelled one girl over the top of the vehicle, and the other was tossed to the shoulder of the road, Dougherty said.
The girls were last listed in serious condition at local hospitals.
— Pat Reavy
- Carbon County deputy saves father, son from...
- Sugar House man intends to sue police, city...
- Fire rips through Orem structure under...
- Dispatchers answer man's repeated 911 calls...
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- Grading Utah schools, 2014: Top 20 highest...
- Police: Vernal woman arrested with car full...
- Woman killed in Sandy shooting
- Majority of Utahns oppose moving state... 51
- Prison relocation sites down to four as... 50
- Obama signature all that's left in... 39
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 35
- Popular Utah County water recreation... 21
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utahns favor Count My Vote and SB54,... 15
- Utah lawmakers recommend lowest-cost... 15