Utah Highway Patrol
FAIRFIELD, Utah County — Two 15-year-old girls were injured Friday when their ATV collided with an SUV.
Just after 10:30 a.m., the girls, whose names were not immediately released, were riding an ATV near Five Mile Pass on the Utah-Tooele county border when they attempted to cross state Route 73.
"It appears that they didn't look before crossing the road," Utah Department of Public Safety spokesman Joe Dougherty said.
The girls were struck broadside by a PT Cruiser that had tried to stop as the ATV attempted to cross the road, according to the Utah Department of Public Safety.
The impact propelled one girl over the top of the vehicle, and the other was tossed to the shoulder of the road, Dougherty said.
The girls were last listed in serious condition at local hospitals.
— Pat Reavy
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 20
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17