Ravell Call, Deseret News
AUGUST 15: The Utes resumed two-a-days Friday with a morning session at the baseball field. Utah coach Kyle Whittingham said it was a good practice as the team prepares for Saturday’s scrimmage. He noted there was good execution by the offense and that the quarterbacks were efficient.
The Utes practiced for just an hour in the late afternoon. Whittingham called it a "tune-up" for the scrimmage.
"They handled it well and I'm looking forward to seeing what we've got tomorrow," he said.
Standout performers: Whittingham noted performances by wide receivers Dres Anderson and Kenneth Scott; tight end Westlee Tonga; quarterbacks Travis Wilson and Kendal Thompson; and defensive back Monte Seabrook, who made a couple of interceptions. Whittingham said defensive tackle Seni Fauonuku had a good day as well.
As for the late session, Whittingham noted that everyone worked hard and it was a "good, crisp practice."
Quotable: “I was pretty hard on (the quarterbacks) after the scrimmage and they’ve bounced back. They’ve done a nice job.” — Kyle Whittingham
Injuries: None reported.
Next up: The Utes have a scrimmage Saturday morning at Rice-Eccles Stadium. It is closed to the public.
This glance accompanies related stories and is not a comprehensive practice report.
- Red and Blue Recruits: 'Sometimes when it...
- Some surprises, lots of defense, on first day...
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Honoring a legend: BYU star quarterback Jim...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Doug Robinson: Making sense of retired...
- Former walk-on Kyle Johnson has become BYU's...
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 295
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 83
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 60
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Peavler: Is Utah State BYU's biggest... 48
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 45
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39