SOUTH SALT LAKE — One man was arrested following a shooting Thursday that left another man in critical condition.
About 8 p.m., three men in a vehicle drove to a residence at 3798 S. 200 East. Two people from inside the residence came outside, and a confrontation between the two groups took place on the driveway, said South Salt Lake police detective Darin Sweeten.
The verbal and physical altercation ended with shots fired.
Martin Mercado Cuevas, 48, was arrested for investigation of two counts of aggravated assault and eight counts of discharging a firearm in city limits. Cuevas told police he fired eight rounds at a vehicle that was occupied, according to a Salt Lake County Jail report.
A 32-year-old man in the car was hit. He was taken to a local hospital in critical condition. Police did not immediately release his name. Sweeten said his injuries were not believed to be life-threatening, but he remained in the intensive care unit Friday.
— Pat Reavy
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- Pranks spark collection of toilet paper by...
- What to do after the presents are opened?...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 129
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested... 13
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 13
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9