SOUTH SALT LAKE — One man was arrested following a shooting Thursday that left another man in critical condition.
About 8 p.m., three men in a vehicle drove to a residence at 3798 S. 200 East. Two people from inside the residence came outside, and a confrontation between the two groups took place on the driveway, said South Salt Lake police detective Darin Sweeten.
The verbal and physical altercation ended with shots fired.
Martin Mercado Cuevas, 48, was arrested for investigation of two counts of aggravated assault and eight counts of discharging a firearm in city limits. Cuevas told police he fired eight rounds at a vehicle that was occupied, according to a Salt Lake County Jail report.
A 32-year-old man in the car was hit. He was taken to a local hospital in critical condition. Police did not immediately release his name. Sweeten said his injuries were not believed to be life-threatening, but he remained in the intensive care unit Friday.
— Pat Reavy
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries
- Utah woman's secret: Ted Bundy tried to kill...
- Arches National Park wants to ID those...
- Women called heroes for reviving high school...
- LDS missionary Mason Wells returns home 37...
- BYU will buy Provo High School for $25M,...
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support medical...
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support... 49
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah 48
- BYU will buy Provo High School for... 47
- GOP's hard feelings over SB54 play part... 43
- Waiting on 'young invincibles' 40
- LDS Church hires assistant church... 40
- Sen. Ted Cruz secures second Utah... 27
- Council approves policy banning dating... 23