HURRICANE, Washington County — The Hurricane Police Department has announced it has completed its investigation into the death of an 11-month-old girl who is presumed to have died from heat exhaustion after being left in a hot car.
The case of Skyah Suwyn is now in the hands of the Washington County Attorney’s Office, which will decide whether charges should be filed. There was no word Friday on when a decision would be made.
Skyah died after accidentally being left in a car on Aug. 1. Family members say the girl's mother, April Suwyn, made a mistake and is devastated by the incident. The mother reportedly thought she had already laid her daughter down for a nap inside her house.
— Pat Reavy
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Seeking social media 'likes' could cause...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 56
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17