HURRICANE, Washington County — The Hurricane Police Department has announced it has completed its investigation into the death of an 11-month-old girl who is presumed to have died from heat exhaustion after being left in a hot car.
The case of Skyah Suwyn is now in the hands of the Washington County Attorney’s Office, which will decide whether charges should be filed. There was no word Friday on when a decision would be made.
Skyah died after accidentally being left in a car on Aug. 1. Family members say the girl's mother, April Suwyn, made a mistake and is devastated by the incident. The mother reportedly thought she had already laid her daughter down for a nap inside her house.
— Pat Reavy
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 87
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 29
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 19
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 16