HURRICANE, Washington County — The Hurricane Police Department has announced it has completed its investigation into the death of an 11-month-old girl who is presumed to have died from heat exhaustion after being left in a hot car.
The case of Skyah Suwyn is now in the hands of the Washington County Attorney’s Office, which will decide whether charges should be filed. There was no word Friday on when a decision would be made.
Skyah died after accidentally being left in a car on Aug. 1. Family members say the girl's mother, April Suwyn, made a mistake and is devastated by the incident. The mother reportedly thought she had already laid her daughter down for a nap inside her house.
— Pat Reavy
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- Primary Children's Hospital chaplains laugh,...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 75
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 21