HURRICANE, Washington County — The Hurricane Police Department has announced it has completed its investigation into the death of an 11-month-old girl who is presumed to have died from heat exhaustion after being left in a hot car.
The case of Skyah Suwyn is now in the hands of the Washington County Attorney’s Office, which will decide whether charges should be filed. There was no word Friday on when a decision would be made.
Skyah died after accidentally being left in a car on Aug. 1. Family members say the girl's mother, April Suwyn, made a mistake and is devastated by the incident. The mother reportedly thought she had already laid her daughter down for a nap inside her house.
— Pat Reavy
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Shots fired after fight at high school in...
- Utah's expanding Hispanic business at center...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Creativity of ALS ice bucket challenge boosts...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 166
- Bingham High students walk out over... 89
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 87
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Poll: Utahns in favor of school... 27
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 19
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 18