HURRICANE, Washington County — The Hurricane Police Department has announced it has completed its investigation into the death of an 11-month-old girl who is presumed to have died from heat exhaustion after being left in a hot car.
The case of Skyah Suwyn is now in the hands of the Washington County Attorney’s Office, which will decide whether charges should be filed. There was no word Friday on when a decision would be made.
Skyah died after accidentally being left in a car on Aug. 1. Family members say the girl's mother, April Suwyn, made a mistake and is devastated by the incident. The mother reportedly thought she had already laid her daughter down for a nap inside her house.
— Pat Reavy
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's...
- Jim Bennett: One 11-year-old's perspective on...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 63
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 46
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 21
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 17
- Two Utah schools under federal... 10
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 9