SOUTH SALT LAKE — Police have detained several people after a shooting outside a South Salt Lake home left one man in critical condition.
Three or four people were detained following the shooting near 200 East and Rigdon Avenue, police at the scene confirmed.
Police said a fight began when about 8 p.m. Thursday when a pickup truck pulled up to the home and a few people got out, triggering an altercation with the people who were inside. At some point during the fight, shots were fired.
One man was taken from the scene to an area hospital. Police were unsure how many times he had been shot.
More information will be reported as it becomes available.
— McKenzie Romero
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah...
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- Family of slain man who killed police K9...
- Crash launches engine 100 feet, but seat belt...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 15