Police looking for mother and son missing from Ogden
Ogden City Police Department
OGDEN — Police are looking for a mother and her young son who have been missing for a week.
Gina Cross and her 7-year-old son, Noah Gardner, were last seen leaving the St. Anne's homeless shelter, 37 W. Binford St., on Aug. 8, said Ogden Police Lt. Danielle Croyle. Members of Cross' family have been unable to contact her and eventually reached out to police.
"They are concerned because she does suffer from mental illness, and she has been delinquent in her treatment plan," Croyle said.
Additionally, officials are concerned Cross doesn't have the means or the ability to care for herself and her son.
Croyle specified that the search is being conducted as a welfare check rather than an Amber Alert because Cross has legal custody of Noah and their disappearance is not considered a kidnapping.
Cross has disappeared with Noah in the past, Croyle said. A few years, ago they left Tooele without notifying anyone and were eventually located in Fresno, California.
Cross is described as 5 feet 1 inches tall, weighing 92 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes. Noah is approximately 3 feet 6 inches tall, 60 pounds, with blond hair and blue eyes.
"We're asking if anybody knows their whereabouts or sees them to please contact police or advise Gina to make contact with her family so we can just make sure that she's OK and Noah is OK," Croyle said.
Anyone with information about the mother and son are asked to contact Ogden police at 801-629-8221.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: McKenzieRomero
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Applications being taken for justice court...
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Mount Timpanogos trail temporarily closing...
- Blue Moon Festival is Aug. 6 in Holladay
- Orem police invest in new armor to protect...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 75
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 21
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14