Police looking for mother and son missing from Ogden
Ogden City Police Department
OGDEN — Police are looking for a mother and her young son who have been missing for a week.
Gina Cross and her 7-year-old son, Noah Gardner, were last seen leaving the St. Anne's homeless shelter, 37 W. Binford St., on Aug. 8, said Ogden Police Lt. Danielle Croyle. Members of Cross' family have been unable to contact her and eventually reached out to police.
"They are concerned because she does suffer from mental illness, and she has been delinquent in her treatment plan," Croyle said.
Additionally, officials are concerned Cross doesn't have the means or the ability to care for herself and her son.
Croyle specified that the search is being conducted as a welfare check rather than an Amber Alert because Cross has legal custody of Noah and their disappearance is not considered a kidnapping.
Cross has disappeared with Noah in the past, Croyle said. A few years, ago they left Tooele without notifying anyone and were eventually located in Fresno, California.
Cross is described as 5 feet 1 inches tall, weighing 92 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes. Noah is approximately 3 feet 6 inches tall, 60 pounds, with blond hair and blue eyes.
"We're asking if anybody knows their whereabouts or sees them to please contact police or advise Gina to make contact with her family so we can just make sure that she's OK and Noah is OK," Croyle said.
Anyone with information about the mother and son are asked to contact Ogden police at 801-629-8221.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: McKenzieRomero
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- LDS leaders respond to reaction over their...
- Utah's largest oil producer lays off 80...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of...
- Unmasked: How the dynamic duo behind Salt...
- 'Life-changing' program for families battles...
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about...
- Failed resort embittered friends, Marc Jenson...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of... 201
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax... 62
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about... 39
- LDS statement could move Utah... 31
- Concealed permit holder stopped armed... 25
- Business community supports tax... 22
- Utah residents rank air pollution as... 21
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 20