Police looking for mother and son missing from Ogden
Ogden City Police Department
OGDEN — Police are looking for a mother and her young son who have been missing for a week.
Gina Cross and her 7-year-old son, Noah Gardner, were last seen leaving the St. Anne's homeless shelter, 37 W. Binford St., on Aug. 8, said Ogden Police Lt. Danielle Croyle. Members of Cross' family have been unable to contact her and eventually reached out to police.
"They are concerned because she does suffer from mental illness, and she has been delinquent in her treatment plan," Croyle said.
Additionally, officials are concerned Cross doesn't have the means or the ability to care for herself and her son.
Croyle specified that the search is being conducted as a welfare check rather than an Amber Alert because Cross has legal custody of Noah and their disappearance is not considered a kidnapping.
Cross has disappeared with Noah in the past, Croyle said. A few years, ago they left Tooele without notifying anyone and were eventually located in Fresno, California.
Cross is described as 5 feet 1 inches tall, weighing 92 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes. Noah is approximately 3 feet 6 inches tall, 60 pounds, with blond hair and blue eyes.
"We're asking if anybody knows their whereabouts or sees them to please contact police or advise Gina to make contact with her family so we can just make sure that she's OK and Noah is OK," Croyle said.
Anyone with information about the mother and son are asked to contact Ogden police at 801-629-8221.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: McKenzieRomero
- New Salt Lake County ordinance mandates pet...
- UVU now the largest university in Utah, new...
- Key witness in criminal cases against...
- Vernal woman takes plea deal in child abuse case
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit filed by...
- LDS Church names Elder Clayton new senior...
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes...
- Federal judge: Tribal court can't hear...
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 41
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 39
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 37
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 24
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 18
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 16
- Lawmakers hear support for Medicaid... 15
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters... 14