Alex Boye featured on Radio Disney, spreads uplifting message through music
Boye's song was selected for a contest in which listeners vote to either "pick it" or "kick it." If majority of the votes on the song are favorable, it will be aired on all Disney radio stations.
As of Thursday afternoon, 97 percent of listeners had voted "pick it" on Boye's song.
"Lemonade" is based on the proverbial phrase, "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade." Boye begins the song by noting that while life can be challenging, he can choose to "be bitter" or "be better."
"There are so many songs about losing in the pop charts, but not enough about winning and being triumphant even through the storm," Boye told the Deseret News.
"I have incredible admiration for people who submit cheerfully with patience through suffering and trials. I am working on this myself, and songs like this give me a reminder to always try to look on the bright side of life no matter what," he said.
Boye is dedicated to creating music that uplifts and inspires.
"One of the promises I made to the Lord very early in my career was that every opportunity I would have to get my music heard, I would use it to try and lift people up and strengthen their will to thrive and not just survive in this life," Boye said.
Voting for "Lemonade" is open on Radio Disney through Saturday.
Email: email@example.com | Twitter: @Sarah_DNews
- Avoid giving your baby this food that may...
- Thousands threaten to boycott Target over...
- The effects of spanking children may surprise...
- UTubers: Imagine Dragons releases new song,...
- Erin Stewart: How I degrade myself as a mom...
- UTubers: Kalani Sitake, Al Fox Carraway...
- Dave Ramsey says: When to buy a better car
- How social media can make us question our...
- Thousands threaten to boycott Target... 85
- The benefits some families see from... 16
- Erin Stewart: How I degrade myself as a... 15
- The effects of spanking children may... 12
- Suicide rates spike in adolescent... 10
- ... 7
- How social media can make us question... 3
- Families need to know of dying decision... 2