BYU camp report: Hill throws long TD, Langi bruises knee
Michelle Tessier, Deseret News
Standout performers: Quarterback Taysom Hill connected with Mitch Mathews for a long touchdown pass. Cornerback Trent Trammell recorded an interception against Hill.
Quotable: "He's just starting. There are lots of good players at inside linebacker, so he has his work cut out for him." — coach Bronco Mendenhall on Manoa Pikula, a projected starter who has finally joined the team for practice after dealing with academic issues.
Injuries: Linebacker Harvey Langi suffered a bruised knee during Wednesday's morning practice. He is not expected to be out for very long.
Next up: The Cougars will hold a scrimmage Friday at LaVell Edwards Stadium at 6 p.m. It is open to the public.
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Gordon Hayward happy to be moving on with...
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- Sunday morning QB: Stars and stats from No....
- BYU coach Shawn Olmstead provided calming...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 63
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 52
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 30
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28