BYU camp report: Hill throws long TD, Langi bruises knee
Michelle Tessier, Deseret News
Standout performers: Quarterback Taysom Hill connected with Mitch Mathews for a long touchdown pass. Cornerback Trent Trammell recorded an interception against Hill.
Quotable: "He's just starting. There are lots of good players at inside linebacker, so he has his work cut out for him." — coach Bronco Mendenhall on Manoa Pikula, a projected starter who has finally joined the team for practice after dealing with academic issues.
Injuries: Linebacker Harvey Langi suffered a bruised knee during Wednesday's morning practice. He is not expected to be out for very long.
Next up: The Cougars will hold a scrimmage Friday at LaVell Edwards Stadium at 6 p.m. It is open to the public.
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Utah football: Delshawn McClellon announces...
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out for...
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- High school wrestling: Perennial powers...
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 103
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 34
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 32
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 32
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 25