BYU camp report: Hill throws long TD, Langi bruises knee
Michelle Tessier, Deseret News
Standout performers: Quarterback Taysom Hill connected with Mitch Mathews for a long touchdown pass. Cornerback Trent Trammell recorded an interception against Hill.
Quotable: "He's just starting. There are lots of good players at inside linebacker, so he has his work cut out for him." — coach Bronco Mendenhall on Manoa Pikula, a projected starter who has finally joined the team for practice after dealing with academic issues.
Injuries: Linebacker Harvey Langi suffered a bruised knee during Wednesday's morning practice. He is not expected to be out for very long.
Next up: The Cougars will hold a scrimmage Friday at LaVell Edwards Stadium at 6 p.m. It is open to the public.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 119
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 37
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 33
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21