BYU camp report: Hill throws long TD, Langi bruises knee
Michelle Tessier, Deseret News
Standout performers: Quarterback Taysom Hill connected with Mitch Mathews for a long touchdown pass. Cornerback Trent Trammell recorded an interception against Hill.
Quotable: "He's just starting. There are lots of good players at inside linebacker, so he has his work cut out for him." — coach Bronco Mendenhall on Manoa Pikula, a projected starter who has finally joined the team for practice after dealing with academic issues.
Injuries: Linebacker Harvey Langi suffered a bruised knee during Wednesday's morning practice. He is not expected to be out for very long.
Next up: The Cougars will hold a scrimmage Friday at LaVell Edwards Stadium at 6 p.m. It is open to the public.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- High school football: Hunter Wolverines 2015...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 111
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 27
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 21
- Morning links: Devontae Booker to be... 20