BYU camp report: Hill throws long TD, Langi bruises knee
Michelle Tessier, Deseret News
Standout performers: Quarterback Taysom Hill connected with Mitch Mathews for a long touchdown pass. Cornerback Trent Trammell recorded an interception against Hill.
Quotable: "He's just starting. There are lots of good players at inside linebacker, so he has his work cut out for him." — coach Bronco Mendenhall on Manoa Pikula, a projected starter who has finally joined the team for practice after dealing with academic issues.
Injuries: Linebacker Harvey Langi suffered a bruised knee during Wednesday's morning practice. He is not expected to be out for very long.
Next up: The Cougars will hold a scrimmage Friday at LaVell Edwards Stadium at 6 p.m. It is open to the public.
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Morning links: NBA post-up is not dead;...
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- High school All-Sports awards: Davis, Maple...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback Austin...
- The 1990 NBA draft redone: See how a pair of...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 47
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 45
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 33
- BYU basketball: NBA draft insiders... 31
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 10
- Live streams: 5A & 4A state baseball... 7
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 6