The Clean Cut: 'Aladdin' Broadway cast sings 'Friend Like Me' with audience in remembrance of Robin Williams
The "Aladdin" Broadway cast at New Amsterdam Theatre paid tribute to Robin Williams Tuesday when James Monroe Iglehart, who plays Genie, led the audience in a sing-along of "Friend Like Me."
"Yesterday we lost one of the greatest entertainers of all time," Iglehart said to the audience. "We want to give our hearts and our thoughts and our prayers to his family because he's a husband and father first, entertainer second. But for tonight, I want us to sing a little bit of 'Friend Like Me' before we go."
A video of the tribute was posted to the "Aladdin" Facebook page, and it has received more than 87,000 likes.
A YouTube video was posted Aug. 13 and has more than 61,000 page views.
The Clean Cut is a daily feature that highlights family friendly videos.
Megan Marsden Christensen writes for the Faith and Family sections. She recently graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree in communication.
- Power of Moms: The 21-day motherhood challenge
- How one woman unplugged from technology for...
- The Clean Cut: Lucasfilm responds to...
- Renovation Solutions: 5 signs it is time to...
- Does an American child really go missing...
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: A different view of the...
- Pioneer Theatre Company announces 2015-16...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy immune system
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 43
- Erin Stewart: Are trampolines too... 18
- How one woman unplugged from technology... 6
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: A different view... 6
- The Clean Cut: Lucasfilm responds to... 3
- Does an American child really go... 2
- 1 in 7 Americans has this kind of marriage 2
- Utah mother uses personal tragedy to... 1