The Clean Cut: 'Aladdin' Broadway cast sings 'Friend Like Me' with audience in remembrance of Robin Williams
The "Aladdin" Broadway cast at New Amsterdam Theatre paid tribute to Robin Williams Tuesday when James Monroe Iglehart, who plays Genie, led the audience in a sing-along of "Friend Like Me."
"Yesterday we lost one of the greatest entertainers of all time," Iglehart said to the audience. "We want to give our hearts and our thoughts and our prayers to his family because he's a husband and father first, entertainer second. But for tonight, I want us to sing a little bit of 'Friend Like Me' before we go."
A video of the tribute was posted to the "Aladdin" Facebook page, and it has received more than 87,000 likes.
A YouTube video was posted Aug. 13 and has more than 61,000 page views.
The Clean Cut is a daily feature that highlights family friendly videos.
Megan Marsden Christensen writes for the Faith and Family sections. She recently graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree in communication.
- Do we really need milk?
- Your triplets just got even more special
- The Clean Cut: Christian musician releases...
- Wal-Mart brings back greeters at the store door
- It's May the Fourth: What's next for the Star...
- Five for Families: Live-action Disney films...
- After more than 6 years, 3 families yearn for...
- 'Biggest Losers' show why we regain lost weight
- Do we really need milk? 22
- After more than 6 years, 3 families... 12
- 'Biggest Losers' show why we regain... 7
- Crowdfund a divorce? Sites let you... 3
- Unwanted pets find new homes in... 3
- It's May the Fourth: What's next for... 2
- Two Utah men competing in St. George... 2
- The Clean Cut: Real Salt Lake goalie... 2