The Clean Cut: 'Aladdin' Broadway cast sings 'Friend Like Me' with audience in remembrance of Robin Williams
The "Aladdin" Broadway cast at New Amsterdam Theatre paid tribute to Robin Williams Tuesday when James Monroe Iglehart, who plays Genie, led the audience in a sing-along of "Friend Like Me."
"Yesterday we lost one of the greatest entertainers of all time," Iglehart said to the audience. "We want to give our hearts and our thoughts and our prayers to his family because he's a husband and father first, entertainer second. But for tonight, I want us to sing a little bit of 'Friend Like Me' before we go."
A video of the tribute was posted to the "Aladdin" Facebook page, and it has received more than 87,000 likes.
A YouTube video was posted Aug. 13 and has more than 61,000 page views.
The Clean Cut is a daily feature that highlights family friendly videos.
Megan Marsden Christensen writes for the Faith and Family sections. She recently graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree in communication.
- 33 things I want my sons to know
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- In music video, boy band tells Provo women...
- Ballet to Broadway: Two Utah-native siblings...
- 25 ways I know my husband loves me
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- Should you tell your spouse the little white...
- Supporters for traditional marriage focus on...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 158
- Linda & Richard Eyre: If we lose... 45
- Character counts, but politics, gender... 28
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 20
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- Why do Elsa's and Anna's parents have... 6
- Goodell: 'Same mistakes can never be... 4
- Is the 'friend zone' a bad thing? 4