The Clean Cut: 'Aladdin' Broadway cast sings 'Friend Like Me' with audience in remembrance of Robin Williams
The "Aladdin" Broadway cast at New Amsterdam Theatre paid tribute to Robin Williams Tuesday when James Monroe Iglehart, who plays Genie, led the audience in a sing-along of "Friend Like Me."
"Yesterday we lost one of the greatest entertainers of all time," Iglehart said to the audience. "We want to give our hearts and our thoughts and our prayers to his family because he's a husband and father first, entertainer second. But for tonight, I want us to sing a little bit of 'Friend Like Me' before we go."
A video of the tribute was posted to the "Aladdin" Facebook page, and it has received more than 87,000 likes.
A YouTube video was posted Aug. 13 and has more than 61,000 page views.
The Clean Cut is a daily feature that highlights family friendly videos.
Megan Marsden Christensen writes for the Faith and Family sections. She recently graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree in communication.
- LDS dad among finalists for Doritos Super...
- Book review: Young widow's memoir presents a...
- Family motto helps LDS couple put parenting...
- Australian mom removes heavy makeup from...
- 12 Disney movies that are coming out in 2015
- Top honeymoon destinations for 2015
- Motherhood Matters: What I learned from...
- Are you part of the global 'baby shortage'?
- Are you part of the global 'baby... 12
- Australian mom removes heavy makeup... 11
- LDS dad among finalists for Doritos... 5
- Family motto helps LDS couple put... 5
- Sherry Young: Nostalgia, airplanes and... 4
- Motherhood Matters: To grouchy moms... 4
- Does taking advantage of family leave... 4
- Dad gets 'no-show' bill after... 3