The Clean Cut: 'Aladdin' Broadway cast sings 'Friend Like Me' with audience in remembrance of Robin Williams
The "Aladdin" Broadway cast at New Amsterdam Theatre paid tribute to Robin Williams Tuesday when James Monroe Iglehart, who plays Genie, led the audience in a sing-along of "Friend Like Me."
"Yesterday we lost one of the greatest entertainers of all time," Iglehart said to the audience. "We want to give our hearts and our thoughts and our prayers to his family because he's a husband and father first, entertainer second. But for tonight, I want us to sing a little bit of 'Friend Like Me' before we go."
A video of the tribute was posted to the "Aladdin" Facebook page, and it has received more than 87,000 likes.
A YouTube video was posted Aug. 13 and has more than 61,000 page views.
The Clean Cut is a daily feature that highlights family friendly videos.
Megan Marsden Christensen writes for the Faith and Family sections. She recently graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree in communication.
- Jewish woman launches modest online...
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- Doug's Take: 'McFarland, USA' is a movie...
- The most overlooked characteristic of the...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: The incalculable...
- Relationship, educational and economic...
- ‘Big Hero 6,’ ‘Feast’...
- 15 signs that you're addicted to your Fitbit
- Jewish woman launches modest online... 13
- For kids older than 2, a nap may only... 3
- Doug's Take: 'McFarland, USA' is a... 3
- There's no escaping 'Saturday Night Live' 3
- ‘Big Hero 6,’... 2
- The Clean Cut: Alex Boye releases clean... 1
- The most overlooked characteristic of... 1
- Car accident doesn't stop man from... 1