The Clean Cut: 'Aladdin' Broadway cast sings 'Friend Like Me' with audience in remembrance of Robin Williams
The "Aladdin" Broadway cast at New Amsterdam Theatre paid tribute to Robin Williams Tuesday when James Monroe Iglehart, who plays Genie, led the audience in a sing-along of "Friend Like Me."
"Yesterday we lost one of the greatest entertainers of all time," Iglehart said to the audience. "We want to give our hearts and our thoughts and our prayers to his family because he's a husband and father first, entertainer second. But for tonight, I want us to sing a little bit of 'Friend Like Me' before we go."
A video of the tribute was posted to the "Aladdin" Facebook page, and it has received more than 87,000 likes.
A YouTube video was posted Aug. 13 and has more than 61,000 page views.
The Clean Cut is a daily feature that highlights family friendly videos.
Megan Marsden Christensen writes for the Faith and Family sections. She recently graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree in communication.
- Condoleezza Rice and Jenny Oaks Baker release...
- We're doing youth soccer wrong: Stop yelling...
- Tiffany Gee Lewis: The books that change us
- Time for an assessment of the year in movies...
- Beat the heat: 33 free splash pads in Utah
- UTubers: Lexi Walker sings 'America the...
- 4 ways to guarantee your kids will have a...
- Matching 'the majesty': Tuacahn Amphitheatre...
- Condoleezza Rice and Jenny Oaks Baker... 11
- Does Shakespeare still have a place in... 10
- UTubers: Vocal Point director, mom... 4
- Where are all the good Fourth of July... 4
- An 'all-American tradition': Fourth of... 3
- Time for an assessment of the year in... 3
- We're doing youth soccer wrong: Stop... 3
- UTubers: Lexi Walker sings 'America the... 2