RIVERSIDE, Box Elder County — A 58-year-old Ogden woman was killed in a rollover accident on I-15 Wednesday.
Just before 8:30 a.m., a 1999 Ford Explorer was headed north on I-15 when a rear passenger tire "failed," according to the Utah Highway Patrol. The SUV went into the median and rolled three times. The vehicle's roof was crushed and it came to rest on its wheels, according to the UHP.
Maria Morfin Arreola, who was wearing a seat belt, suffered severe head trauma and was pronounced dead at Bear River Valley Hospital in Tremonton.
— Pat Reavy
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 39
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 14
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah... 13