SALT LAKE CITY — A Mt. Olympus man has been charged with murder after police say he killed his 70-year-old father earlier this month.
Christopher Lynn Robbins, 29, was charged with the first-degree felony Wednesday in 3rd District Court.
On Aug. 1, the Unified Police Department responded to a report of domestic violence taking place at 4465 S. Mathews Way. Upon arrival, officers found Dennis Robbins deceased with a metal bar lying on the floor next to him, according to court documents.
Officers spoke with Christopher Robbins' brother, who said he awoke hearing his father screaming. He saw Christopher Robbins walking out of their father's bedroom and removing latex gloves from his hands, charges state.
Dennis Robbins was found unresponsive with his skull crushed.
Christopher Robbins was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail that day.
Court records indicate Robbins is a registered sex offender. He pleaded guilty in 2004 to enticing a minor over the Internet, a second-degree felony. He also pleaded guilty in 2011 to failure to register as a sex offender, amended to a class A misdemeanor.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark...
- Midvale teen ran over mom with car after...
- 20 years later, parents of missing Spanish...
- Testimony focuses on relationship between...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- Price teen killed in Carbon County crash
- Audit reveals flawed projections on Utah's...
- Body of woman found near hiking trail in...
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark... 84
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 38
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 23
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 18
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 14
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 13
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake... 10
- Who should pay? City, developer,... 10