SALT LAKE CITY — A Mt. Olympus man has been charged with murder after police say he killed his 70-year-old father earlier this month.
Christopher Lynn Robbins, 29, was charged with the first-degree felony Wednesday in 3rd District Court.
On Aug. 1, the Unified Police Department responded to a report of domestic violence taking place at 4465 S. Mathews Way. Upon arrival, officers found Dennis Robbins deceased with a metal bar lying on the floor next to him, according to court documents.
Officers spoke with Christopher Robbins' brother, who said he awoke hearing his father screaming. He saw Christopher Robbins walking out of their father's bedroom and removing latex gloves from his hands, charges state.
Dennis Robbins was found unresponsive with his skull crushed.
Christopher Robbins was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail that day.
Court records indicate Robbins is a registered sex offender. He pleaded guilty in 2004 to enticing a minor over the Internet, a second-degree felony. He also pleaded guilty in 2011 to failure to register as a sex offender, amended to a class A misdemeanor.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- Mayor responds to pending harassment lawsuit...
- Zion's trees are dying of old age
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Sculptor hopes new statue brings comfort to...
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex harassment...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 22
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 17
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 16
- Police: Toddler accidentally shot in... 14
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 14
- Mia Love pushing higher education act 11
- Mayor responds to pending harassment... 11
- Sen. Mike Lee pushing for vote on USA... 9