SALT LAKE CITY — A Mt. Olympus man has been charged with murder after police say he killed his 70-year-old father earlier this month.
Christopher Lynn Robbins, 29, was charged with the first-degree felony Wednesday in 3rd District Court.
On Aug. 1, the Unified Police Department responded to a report of domestic violence taking place at 4465 S. Mathews Way. Upon arrival, officers found Dennis Robbins deceased with a metal bar lying on the floor next to him, according to court documents.
Officers spoke with Christopher Robbins' brother, who said he awoke hearing his father screaming. He saw Christopher Robbins walking out of their father's bedroom and removing latex gloves from his hands, charges state.
Dennis Robbins was found unresponsive with his skull crushed.
Christopher Robbins was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail that day.
Court records indicate Robbins is a registered sex offender. He pleaded guilty in 2004 to enticing a minor over the Internet, a second-degree felony. He also pleaded guilty in 2011 to failure to register as a sex offender, amended to a class A misdemeanor.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Screaming, shouting and Utah's in the middle...
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Fire destroys Taylorsville home, damages another
- Another first: Utah caretaker contracts Zika...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Screaming, shouting and Utah's in the... 64
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 20
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16