SALT LAKE CITY — A Mt. Olympus man has been charged with murder after police say he killed his 70-year-old father earlier this month.
Christopher Lynn Robbins, 29, was charged with the first-degree felony Wednesday in 3rd District Court.
On Aug. 1, the Unified Police Department responded to a report of domestic violence taking place at 4465 S. Mathews Way. Upon arrival, officers found Dennis Robbins deceased with a metal bar lying on the floor next to him, according to court documents.
Officers spoke with Christopher Robbins' brother, who said he awoke hearing his father screaming. He saw Christopher Robbins walking out of their father's bedroom and removing latex gloves from his hands, charges state.
Dennis Robbins was found unresponsive with his skull crushed.
Christopher Robbins was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail that day.
Court records indicate Robbins is a registered sex offender. He pleaded guilty in 2004 to enticing a minor over the Internet, a second-degree felony. He also pleaded guilty in 2011 to failure to register as a sex offender, amended to a class A misdemeanor.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- Carbon County deputy saves father, son from...
- Dispatchers answer man's repeated 911 calls...
- Sugar House man intends to sue police, city...
- Grading Utah schools, 2014: Top 20 highest...
- Fire rips through Orem structure under...
- Woman killed in Sandy shooting
- Gov. Herbert nominates 3rd District Judge...
- 4 interactive ways to teach your kids about...
- Majority of Utahns oppose moving state... 51
- Prison relocation sites down to four as... 50
- Obama signature all that's left in... 39
- End gun violence, say faith leaders on... 33
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 33
- Popular Utah County water recreation... 21
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utahns favor Count My Vote and SB54,... 15