SALT LAKE CITY — A Mt. Olympus man has been charged with murder after police say he killed his 70-year-old father earlier this month.
Christopher Lynn Robbins, 29, was charged with the first-degree felony Wednesday in 3rd District Court.
On Aug. 1, the Unified Police Department responded to a report of domestic violence taking place at 4465 S. Mathews Way. Upon arrival, officers found Dennis Robbins deceased with a metal bar lying on the floor next to him, according to court documents.
Officers spoke with Christopher Robbins' brother, who said he awoke hearing his father screaming. He saw Christopher Robbins walking out of their father's bedroom and removing latex gloves from his hands, charges state.
Dennis Robbins was found unresponsive with his skull crushed.
Christopher Robbins was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail that day.
Court records indicate Robbins is a registered sex offender. He pleaded guilty in 2004 to enticing a minor over the Internet, a second-degree felony. He also pleaded guilty in 2011 to failure to register as a sex offender, amended to a class A misdemeanor.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 39
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 14
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah... 13