Bob Bennett’s article (“The Green Lantern theory of presidency,” August 11) was right on track. Bennett quoted Tom Friedman of the New York Times when he said, "There are some things that are true even if George W. Bush said them." Bennett went on to say that "presidents are human beings who make mistakes, not comic book heroes who don't." Maybe the mistake President Obama made was saying what he wanted to do to make our country great again and that got all the Tea Party doing all they could to make sure that didn't happen.
- Jay Evensen: Birthright citizenship —...
- In our opinion: EPA failed its protection...
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive...
- My view: European view of American soft power
- Letter: Stimulate the economy
- Dan Liljenquist: Charter schools provide...
- Letter: Appalling attitude
- My view: Don’t expand Medicaid with a...
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive... 59
- Jay Evensen: Birthright citizenship... 47
- In our opinion: Security with Clinton's... 45
- Richard Davis: What can Republicans do... 43
- My view: Don’t expand Medicaid... 36
- My view: No matter who pays the bill,... 35
- Letter: Earning his votes 32
- Letter: Stimulate the economy 28