Bob Bennett’s article (“The Green Lantern theory of presidency,” August 11) was right on track. Bennett quoted Tom Friedman of the New York Times when he said, "There are some things that are true even if George W. Bush said them." Bennett went on to say that "presidents are human beings who make mistakes, not comic book heroes who don't." Maybe the mistake President Obama made was saying what he wanted to do to make our country great again and that got all the Tea Party doing all they could to make sure that didn't happen.
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- Disputes over specialized license plates...
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change...
- My view: Chaffetz named ‘politician of...
- In our opinion: Water, a precious commodity
- Lessons from 'Christmas Carol'
- Dan Liljenquist: Being good for goodness sake
- Letter: Monolingual minorities
- Charles Krauthammer: Democrats use... 78
- In our opinion: Police training should... 45
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- Robert Bennett: More political... 36
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 33
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 30