Bob Bennett’s article (“The Green Lantern theory of presidency,” August 11) was right on track. Bennett quoted Tom Friedman of the New York Times when he said, "There are some things that are true even if George W. Bush said them." Bennett went on to say that "presidents are human beings who make mistakes, not comic book heroes who don't." Maybe the mistake President Obama made was saying what he wanted to do to make our country great again and that got all the Tea Party doing all they could to make sure that didn't happen.
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment delusion
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps us strong
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- In our opinion: Internet sales tax should...
- Jonathan Johnson: The truth about sales tax...
- My view: Mayor Biskupski deserves to build...
- Letter: Animals in public places
- In our opinion: National security and... 74
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 54
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 30
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 28
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment... 19
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- In our opinion: The lesson of... 17