Bob Bennett’s article (“The Green Lantern theory of presidency,” August 11) was right on track. Bennett quoted Tom Friedman of the New York Times when he said, "There are some things that are true even if George W. Bush said them." Bennett went on to say that "presidents are human beings who make mistakes, not comic book heroes who don't." Maybe the mistake President Obama made was saying what he wanted to do to make our country great again and that got all the Tea Party doing all they could to make sure that didn't happen.
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Why the working-class...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- This year's most popular editorials
- In our opinion: Flawed torture report didn't...
- Robert Bennett: Lesson for Cruz —...
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- In our opinion: The 3 levels of Christmas
- Letter: Condoning torture
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 65
- In our opinion: Flawed torture report... 54
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 48
- Letter: Condoning torture 41
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation... 27
- Robert Bennett: Lesson for Cruz —... 27