Certain patients receive a “sympathy-gone” headshake from emergency room physicians. In this group falls drunk drivers, guys that picked fights with Marines and frat boys bragging about their latest STDs.
As a road biker, I have little sympathy for road bikers who think they are cars. They ride side-by-side on the narrow corners, making cars swerve into oncoming traffic. They draft cars down Big Cottonwood Canyon, not seeming to understand that cars can (and may have to) stop a lot faster than they can.
In essence: Road bike does not equal car.
I will do my best to accommodate road bikers while driving, and as a road biker I will make the road-sharing experience the best one possible for cars. But next time I read about a road biker getting bug-splatted while pretending to be a car, the ER doctor’s "sympathy-gone" headshake will be my response.
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Jay's Jokes: Trump's true identity is Batman
- In our opinion: Utah's unique response to the...
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day
- Ralph Becker: Reaching for the best of the...
- George F. Will: Adding Pence the pliable to...
- My view: Supporting Utah's public education...
- Charles Krauthammer: Notes from Cleveland:...
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 43
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 36
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 34
- In our opinion: Planned Parenthood... 32
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 30
- Letter: Acting presidential 30
- Letter: Cruz took a stand 26
- My view: Reform coal leasing policies... 22